JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 14d Location: Canberra Posted 01/01/06 11:25 PM Posted 01/01/06 11:25 PM hey guys,Just a quick question for those with the edit. I've notcied that when cruising downhill at speeds of 80 or above in 5th gear my L/100kms will not drop below 3.8L even with no touching of the accelerator. However, when flashed back to factory settings and cruising down the same hill at the same speeds, the litres/100km will usually drop to below 1L and often sit at 0.3L/100kms while I am not pushing the accelerator. I was wondering what the cause of this might be?? does everyone elses do the same? Could it be attributed to the fact that more fuel is being delivered due to the edit, or possibly that more fuel is being kept "on hand" incase I do give it a squirt and it is needed with the increased power?? I really have no idea, so anyone that knows, your help would be appreciated!! Even if everyone elses car with edit does the same, then I will be satisfied, I am just wondering if its just my car alone!Cheers in advance!
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 01/01/06 11:36 PM Posted 01/01/06 11:36 PM Can't say I've ever bother taking the time to check. Never will either.It's the average fuel economy I'm more interested in.What's your average litres per 100km, with and without the edit?
igsta Member 371 Member For: 22y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 01/01/06 11:37 PM Posted 01/01/06 11:37 PM that's how your tuner programmed it to be like that.
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 10d Posted 02/01/06 12:20 AM Posted 02/01/06 12:20 AM igsta gets the prize for today!
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 02/01/06 12:21 AM Posted 02/01/06 12:21 AM If that's right. Why?
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 7d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 02/01/06 08:58 AM Posted 02/01/06 08:58 AM igsta gets the prize for today!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have put the generic tune in mine now and I noticed it does that to.put it back to standed tune and the lean burn seems to work again.I ran both with the afr meter in and when you back off the throttle the standed ford tune goes to 18-19 afr untill the car slows down, and then it adjusts to 14.7.but with the generic edit it just goes strait to 14. 7, even as the car slows without any throttle. David
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now