Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 16d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted
there is also a new type of tuning that will be coming out in the next couple of months, It is very much like the ecu tek and allows the tuners the option to many more tuning parameters so I have been told!

I think I will be giving this a go, now all I need is a decent CAI and injectors!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The bosch 968's should do the trick and the CAI you can make yourself and will probs cost you 50bucks (if even) for parts).

PS, keep us informed on how you go with the ecutek type tune. I know my cuz had an ecutek in his rexie and he had to pull it out because it wasnt working as well as it was claimed. He now runs a power fc which he says is alot better.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 1d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
You should be fine with those mods.....considering what you said about your driving style. I dont take it that easy on mine, I like to give it more squirts then driving normally and my T5 has held 305rwkw (with Unichip) for over 30,000km. My standard clutch lasted me for a good 20 before it got changed.

As far as the exhaust goes, the major restriction in the system is the cat convertor. I am not sure how much of an impact the dump pipe will have as the factory dump pipe is fairly good, I am however running a split pipe system, 3" dump and 1.7" wastegate pipe.

Regz

Dean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are you talking about you drive like a pussycat :crybaby:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

My T5 and clutch are standard and seem to be doing just fine. I ran 250rwkw for a year and now 305rwkw for a few months.

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 16d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted
You should be fine with those mods.....considering what you said about your driving style. I dont take it that easy on mine, I like to give it more squirts then driving normally and my T5 has held 305rwkw (with Unichip) for over 30,000km. My standard clutch lasted me for a good 20 before it got changed.

As far as the exhaust goes, the major restriction in the system is the cat convertor. I am not sure how much of an impact the dump pipe will have as the factory dump pipe is fairly good, I am however running a split pipe system, 3" dump and 1.7" wastegate pipe.

Regz

Dean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What are you talking about you drive like a pussycat :pinch:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHAAHAH LOL, you should talk to Master G hahaha ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...