ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 18/02/06 12:09 PM Posted 18/02/06 12:09 PM I can smell another Pulsar GTi-R on the horizon.The internal temps will kill the little top mount, and it will be affectionatley known as an interwarmer. AWD power sucking driveline to boot, 2.1 tonnes. dayum...Smaller turbo, big boost, lotsa heat. Once the front mount goes in to accomidate the extra heat, it's pressure drop time.I can see one having to spend a large amount of coin to get one up and running nicely, including suspension mods.. Then there's the fuel economy... Atleast there's now a market for second hand XR6 Turbochargers', and wrecked AWD drivelines.. I think a few years might even see an AWD F6.. maybe, one hopesStill nice though.. Nothing like a kill-joy to hurt the spirits............Still getting one though!Not at all.. Cars like the GTi-R were great little cars, same as the Celica GT4. They are both cars that 'should' have been, but were too heavy and were dropped by enthusiasts because it cost too much to make them GO.. Mitsubishi GTO is another, AWD, 4WS, all the gadgetry in the world, megga expensive new and now can be imported for 1/12th the original list price. The Nizpro Terry is a great example of what CAN be done with the big girl. But look at the coin that needs to be departed with... The top heavy Terry with easy power under the bonnet, are we going to see a spate of accidents because they handle like your average 4WD?? It's going to be an understeering nightmare with all that weight and the centre of gravity being 4 foot above the blacktop.... Yes I have driven a Terry, and while nice, they are still big and heavy and don't do corners..... Use them as they were intended, maybe give them a small tickle, yes, they will be a fantastic get around vehicle..Agreed.I can't see the point of a quick tank. It's still a tank, and will handle like one and brake like one. It may drive better than a 'nice rig' (Toyota Landcruiser, Nissan Patrol, Mitsubishi Pajero), but it's no featherweight compared to the XR6/XR8 and FPV's.I have no doubt it will be a great SUV, but getting one to go like a quick sedan is plain dumb. Imagine trying to race one around a race track I don't see any AMG ML55's down the drags or at race tracks.I wouldn't buy one because it goes fast, and I wouldn't expect it to be as athletic as the XR6, but I would buy one because I would want to have it all. The looks, the interior, and when you over take the awesome HP, and its all safe, attractive and will make other people jealous. Its not a dumb idea, its great. Mazda MX5s are a dumb car.My you've grown up all of a sudden Alex, bravo, well said youngen
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: Birkdale Posted 18/02/06 09:22 PM Posted 18/02/06 09:22 PM I can smell another Pulsar GTi-R on the horizon.The internal temps will kill the little top mount, and it will be affectionatley known as an interwarmer. AWD power sucking driveline to boot, 2.1 tonnes. dayum...Smaller turbo, big boost, lotsa heat. Once the front mount goes in to accomidate the extra heat, it's pressure drop time.I can see one having to spend a large amount of coin to get one up and running nicely, including suspension mods.. Then there's the fuel economy... Atleast there's now a market for second hand XR6 Turbochargers', and wrecked AWD drivelines.. I think a few years might even see an AWD F6.. maybe, one hopesStill nice though..<{POST_SNAPBACK}> Nothing like a kill-joy to hurt the spirits............Still getting one though!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not at all.. Cars like the GTi-R were great little cars, same as the Celica GT4. They are both cars that 'should' have been, but were too heavy and were dropped by enthusiasts because it cost too much to make them GO.. Mitsubishi GTO is another, AWD, 4WS, all the gadgetry in the world, megga expensive new and now can be imported for 1/12th the original list price. The Nizpro Terry is a great example of what CAN be done with the big girl. But look at the coin that needs to be departed with... The top heavy Terry with easy power under the bonnet, are we going to see a spate of accidents because they handle like your average 4WD?? It's going to be an understeering nightmare with all that weight and the centre of gravity being 4 foot above the blacktop.... Yes I have driven a Terry, and while nice, they are still big and heavy and don't do corners..... Use them as they were intended, maybe give them a small tickle, yes, they will be a fantastic get around vehicle..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Agreed.I can't see the point of a quick tank. It's still a tank, and will handle like one and brake like one. It may drive better than a 'nice rig' (Toyota Landcruiser, Nissan Patrol, Mitsubishi Pajero), but it's no featherweight compared to the XR6/XR8 and FPV's.I have no doubt it will be a great SUV, but getting one to go like a quick sedan is plain dumb. Imagine trying to race one around a race track I don't see any AMG ML55's down the drags or at race tracks.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wouldn't buy one because it goes fast, and I wouldn't expect it to be as athletic as the XR6, but I would buy one because I would want to have it all. The looks, the interior, and when you over take the awesome HP, and its all safe, attractive and will make other people jealous. Its not a dumb idea, its great. Mazda MX5s are a dumb car.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>My you've grown up all of a sudden Alex, bravo, well said youngen<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Awww shucks
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Posted 19/02/06 01:08 AM Posted 19/02/06 01:08 AM (edited) The internal temps will kill the little top mount, and it will be affectionatley known as an interwarmer. AWD power sucking driveline to boot, 2.1 tonnes. dayum...The good news is the stock T intercooler is such a high performance device, and at 1800kg best described as athletic (tongue in cheek time). Falcon and Territory both have the same problem. Smaller turbo, big boost, lotsa heat. Once the front mount goes in to accomidate the extra heat, it's pressure drop time.Good news is it wont have the 0 - 3000rpm lag of a conventional 'T' and with a downsized turbocharger should be more efficient in the 250 - 300awkw range...which is where mine will be spending its operating life I can see one having to spend a large amount of coin to get one up and running nicely, including suspension mods..That goes for most any domestic Ford product. Still nice though..<{POST_SNAPBACK}>You bet Edited 19/02/06 01:09 AM by Street Tuner
Xtreme F6 Team Xtreme Legacy Donating Member 1,680 Member For: 21y 7m 20d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 19/02/06 01:22 AM Posted 19/02/06 01:22 AM I can smell another Pulsar GTi-R on the horizon.The internal temps will kill the little top mount, and it will be affectionatley known as an interwarmer. AWD power sucking driveline to boot, 2.1 tonnes. dayum...Smaller turbo, big boost, lotsa heat. Once the front mount goes in to accomidate the extra heat, it's pressure drop time.I can see one having to spend a large amount of coin to get one up and running nicely, including suspension mods.. Then there's the fuel economy... Atleast there's now a market for second hand XR6 Turbochargers', and wrecked AWD drivelines.. I think a few years might even see an AWD F6.. maybe, one hopesStill nice though.. Nothing like a kill-joy to hurt the spirits............Still getting one though!Not at all.. Cars like the GTi-R were great little cars, same as the Celica GT4. They are both cars that 'should' have been, but were too heavy and were dropped by enthusiasts because it cost too much to make them GO.. Mitsubishi GTO is another, AWD, 4WS, all the gadgetry in the world, megga expensive new and now can be imported for 1/12th the original list price. The Nizpro Terry is a great example of what CAN be done with the big girl. But look at the coin that needs to be departed with... The top heavy Terry with easy power under the bonnet, are we going to see a spate of accidents because they handle like your average 4WD?? It's going to be an understeering nightmare with all that weight and the centre of gravity being 4 foot above the blacktop.... Yes I have driven a Terry, and while nice, they are still big and heavy and don't do corners..... Use them as they were intended, maybe give them a small tickle, yes, they will be a fantastic get around vehicle..Agreed.I can't see the point of a quick tank. It's still a tank, and will handle like one and brake like one. It may drive better than a 'nice rig' (Toyota Landcruiser, Nissan Patrol, Mitsubishi Pajero), but it's no featherweight compared to the XR6/XR8 and FPV's.I have no doubt it will be a great SUV, but getting one to go like a quick sedan is plain dumb. Imagine trying to race one around a race track I don't see any AMG ML55's down the drags or at race tracks.Simon from Nizprs T terra ran 11.70's and has alcon 6 spots ect and drives amazing and would pull up quicker and drive nicer then most of your OLDER cars that ppl shoe horn Big blocks and race engines into with pissy little brakes ect bud Give me the T terra anytime. Just because it has 300 odd rwkw;s doesnt mean you have to use them around corners.......I think with 300 they will be lovely to drive and good fun. Im there.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 21d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 19/02/06 01:47 AM Posted 19/02/06 01:47 AM I cant WAIT My mums getting one too.
Guest newl Guests Posted 19/02/06 02:26 AM Posted 19/02/06 02:26 AM I have no doubt it will be a great SUV, but getting one to go like a quick sedan is plain dumb. Imagine trying to race one around a race track I don't see any AMG ML55's down the drags or at race tracks.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Weren't you watching the beige BMW make its run last time we were there? It did better than most pegged it for time wise.
richdave SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten Legacy Donating Member 1,841 Member For: 23y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Outer east - Melbourne Posted 20/02/06 09:10 AM Posted 20/02/06 09:10 AM I dont get the negative comments about the top mount intercooler... Subaru have been doing it for years... quite sucessfuly to I might add so why not on a Ford??
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 21/02/06 09:35 AM Posted 21/02/06 09:35 AM I can smell another Pulsar GTi-R on the horizon.The internal temps will kill the little top mount, and it will be affectionatley known as an interwarmer. AWD power sucking driveline to boot, 2.1 tonnes. dayum...Smaller turbo, big boost, lotsa heat. Once the front mount goes in to accomidate the extra heat, it's pressure drop time.I can see one having to spend a large amount of coin to get one up and running nicely, including suspension mods.. Then there's the fuel economy... Atleast there's now a market for second hand XR6 Turbochargers', and wrecked AWD drivelines.. I think a few years might even see an AWD F6.. maybe, one hopesStill nice though.. Nothing like a kill-joy to hurt the spirits............Still getting one though!Not at all.. Cars like the GTi-R were great little cars, same as the Celica GT4. They are both cars that 'should' have been, but were too heavy and were dropped by enthusiasts because it cost too much to make them GO.. Mitsubishi GTO is another, AWD, 4WS, all the gadgetry in the world, megga expensive new and now can be imported for 1/12th the original list price. The Nizpro Terry is a great example of what CAN be done with the big girl. But look at the coin that needs to be departed with... The top heavy Terry with easy power under the bonnet, are we going to see a spate of accidents because they handle like your average 4WD?? It's going to be an understeering nightmare with all that weight and the centre of gravity being 4 foot above the blacktop.... Yes I have driven a Terry, and while nice, they are still big and heavy and don't do corners..... Use them as they were intended, maybe give them a small tickle, yes, they will be a fantastic get around vehicle..They do have a wider wheel track than a coon, my local dealer reckons they will be available mid to late June
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/09/08 10:20 AM Posted 10/09/08 10:20 AM These things sounds awesome. I'm so going to get one when they're out.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 11/09/08 12:49 AM Posted 11/09/08 12:49 AM Over rated....I'd imagine they would only sell to pretentious fools that’d appreciate the ability to mount footpaths to assist in their ability to mow down pedestrians.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now