Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Mad Scientist
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Vic
Posted (edited)
If you want to get some good gauges that will match the dash get some autometer gauges "COBALT" and if you are going to get some gauges may as well go and get some good one's not just some cheap one's! it's going to cost a bit to get them in so may as well go all out and get some good one's!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how much are the cobalt ones?

is it just me or with the typhoon housing and aftermarket gauges they dont look flush like the original typhoon ones? Is there a way to use that typhoon surrounding so it looks flush/stock?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

in the autobarn christmas catalogue they have the cobalt boost gauge for $125 (part no. SKU PE11283), AFR gaue $129, oil pressure $139 and oil temp $119....

Edited by Mr Man
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 20d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

hey guys,

I just bought cobalt electric boost/vac and afr for a total of $254 at autobarn. I asked about just a boost gauge, instead of boost/vac, and the price for just a 0 to 35psi boost gauge was around the $400 mark!! Buggered if I know why boost/vac sell for $125, but boost alone sells for near $400!! Can anyone shed light on that??

Getting my fpv pod soon. I'll try do a post with pics and installation, sort of a step by step guide!! in saying that, I'll be drinking while doing it,... sooooo we'll see how it goes!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 19d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Hope this isn`t against forum rules but I got mine installed at HPF and they were reasonable on installation price.Oh just noticed , they are in dandenong Vic sorry to u WA guys.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted
hey guys,

I just bought cobalt electric boost/vac and afr for a total of $254 at autobarn. I asked about just a boost gauge, instead of boost/vac, and the price for just a 0 to 35psi boost gauge was around the $400 mark!! Buggered if I know why boost/vac sell for $125, but boost alone sells for near $400!! Can anyone shed light on that??

Getting my fpv pod soon. I'll try do a post with pics and installation, sort of a step by step guide!! in saying that, I'll be drinking while doing it,... sooooo we'll see how it goes!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just bought the same myself. I think you'll find that the boost/vac gauge itself isn't electric as it still has a vacuum line going to the gauge.

The 400 dollar gauge is most likely electronic as it will have a sender on the vacuum line in the engine bay, and wires that go from that to the gauge in the cabin.

If your boost gauge hasen't got a vacuum line going to it then let me know as I may have been ripped off.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 20d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Xrboss8,

Yeah I just checked mine, it has the vac line. I guess that explains it then! I didnt really look into that much, but I sure as hell wasn't going to pay $400 for one gauge! not at this stage anyway. Perhaps if I was going to pay that much I would have got the nexus gauge, but I didnt wanna spend that much.

Cheers for the info!

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 24d
  • Location: Sunshine Coast
Posted

I got the autometer untra lite electrical boost gauge and same for oil pressure. Personally I perfer elect gauge as no lines carrying oil or boost have to be run into the cabin, cost more of course but hate the idea of a split line and oil squirtting every where.

  • THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 2d
  • Gender: Not Telling
  • Location: At the lights!
Posted

I JUST bought the autometer cobalt gauges 20psi boost/oil temp both for $240.

I was quoted the same gauge for $400 at a different autobarn? Wats the bloody difference between the $400 and $125?? It looks the same to me.

I surely wasnt going to spend 400 when I can get the same guage for 120

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...