Guest Guests Posted 14/11/05 12:36 AM Posted 14/11/05 12:36 AM Hey,I've given into temptation and have started to source some new wheels for my ute. Nothing has really stood out until I coming across SPEEDY WHEELS and one of their new releases.18inch was all I was originally looking for but, I'm thinking of stepping up to 19's.I think the Gunmetal finish would go nicely against the utes sillouhette skin, to give me the desired low and wide, aggressive, sinister type effect. Opinions please? Darren.ps. Whats the widest rubber an 8.5inch wide rim will allow?
Mr X Legacy Donating Member 998 Member For: 23y 2m 5d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 14/11/05 12:58 AM Posted 14/11/05 12:58 AM Got the same colour ute and they are the wheels I want.Saw a rapid yellow Pursuit ute at GT day in Adelaide last week with natural finish Envi's 19x8 inch front ,19x9 rear and it was choice!Hope that helps
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/11/05 01:08 AM Posted 14/11/05 01:08 AM I like these wheels. Similiar to the ROH Modena's.How much are they?
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 26d Location: Canberra Posted 14/11/05 01:17 AM Posted 14/11/05 01:17 AM Darren, nice looking rims mate. I seriously considered those exact rims before deciding on the ones I have (ROH Drift R's). I like the 5 spoke deep dish look and also wanted a different colour insert to suit the car. I have an HgAg sedan and chose a similar gunmetal finish on my rims, and I reckon it looks pretty good. But if I had a Silhouette car, I'd be very tempted to go for black inserts, I reckon that'd look really schmick. Just to give you an idea, I've attached a pic of the ROH Drift R with black spokes.
teeg Member 372 Member For: 21y 2m 17d Location: SA Posted 14/11/05 02:10 AM Posted 14/11/05 02:10 AM I'll vote with Mr X, I saw the same Rapid ute and it looked awesome and I'm sure it will come up a treat against silhouette.
bs888 Member 207 Member For: 23y 9m 5d Location: Canberra Posted 14/11/05 03:19 AM Posted 14/11/05 03:19 AM I have them on my Black beast and just love them! Unfortunatly mine are MK1 so I didn't have the choice of colours. they would look great on your Ute, GO FOR IT MATE!!!!
BAXTCHROME Member 16 Member For: 21y 1m 24d Posted 14/11/05 03:27 AM Posted 14/11/05 03:27 AM I have them on my Black beast and just love them! Unfortunatly mine are MK1 so I didn't have the choice of colours. they would look great on your Ute, GO FOR IT MATE!!!!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't I own your old BA XT?Acid Rush, 19's, Herrod's gear...
Guest Guests Posted 14/11/05 04:23 AM Posted 14/11/05 04:23 AM I like these wheels. Similiar to the ROH Modena's.How much are they?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey mate,The ROH Modenas are a sexy wheel, expensive though I thought, each wheels having to be custom made, three piece, light weight alloy...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$These I have been quoted $2300, that's in the 18inch. The package comes with 4 brand new NANKANG NS2 tyres.Not to familiar with these Nankang tyres though, another brand tyre that I've seen packaged with other wheels is 'WANLI'....did these tyre companies pop over night or what? Are they any good?RegardsDarren'Go WANLI '
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 26d Location: Canberra Posted 14/11/05 04:29 AM Posted 14/11/05 04:29 AM You might be stirring up a hornets' nest here Darren, this has been debated plenty of times in the past. You'll get just as many opinions on how the Nankangs are fine for everyday driving as you'll get about what a crap tyre they are. I guess it all comes down to personal preference, what your priorities are, how much you wanna spend, etc, etc. I'm sure anything in that sort of profile that can legally be sold in Australia will be 'fine' for day to day use, but I don't think anyone could argue that they'd be as good as a more expensive, better quality tyre, especially in the wet.One reason I went with 18" rims instead of 19" is 'cos I wanted to be able to afford 'decent' tyres (I am currently running a set of Goodyear F1 GS D3's) and not compromise on 'lesser' tyres (like Nankang IMHO!). Especially as my wife drives the car most of the time and it usually has at least one of my two kids in the back. You know the old saying, "if it only saves you once a year"...
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 14/11/05 05:23 AM Posted 14/11/05 05:23 AM I like these wheels. Similiar to the ROH Modena's.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Your kidding they look a load better than the madonna's
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now