mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 16d Posted 04/11/05 12:50 PM Author Posted 04/11/05 12:50 PM Thanks for the info guys.The mention of the figure 8 thing reminded me of those posts a while back...didnt make the connection. That solution made me laugh!And if they think a fluid change and then me wasting hours on public transport taking the car back a second time before they do a proper fix is acceptable, then they will soon find out otherwise!I think I will just demand the hose change.
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 19d Location: Birkdale Posted 04/11/05 09:59 PM Posted 04/11/05 09:59 PM correct me if im wrong but isnt the steering in the xr's set heavier to give it a better "feel" than an xt's beacause the xr's are "sportier" higher performance cars?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its noticably heavier - like, three times heavier. Much easier to drive long distances in because you don't have to hold the car in a straight line.
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 8d Location: On the edge Posted 04/11/05 10:07 PM Posted 04/11/05 10:07 PM Thanks for the info guys.The mention of the figure 8 thing reminded me of those posts a while back...didnt make the connection. That solution made me laugh!And if they think a fluid change and then me wasting hours on public transport taking the car back a second time before they do a proper fix is acceptable, then they will soon find out otherwise!I think I will just demand the hose change.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it's a MKII it will already have the right hose on it.
turtle33 Member 578 Member For: 21y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 04/11/05 10:19 PM Posted 04/11/05 10:19 PM Thanks for the info guys.The mention of the figure 8 thing reminded me of those posts a while back...didnt make the connection. That solution made me laugh!And if they think a fluid change and then me wasting hours on public transport taking the car back a second time before they do a proper fix is acceptable, then they will soon find out otherwise!I think I will just demand the hose change.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it's a MKII it will already have the right hose on it.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>mines a mk11 and the it had the wrong hose on it.
Blueprintxr6T Member 93 Member For: 21y 5m 17d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Posted 05/11/05 02:59 AM Posted 05/11/05 02:59 AM My car to has only just developed this problem but with the way my local dealrer is on replacing parts weather a known fault or not I think I'll put up with it for a while..... If it gets any worse I'll travel to Brisbane so I can get a dealer that has no problems with waranty work cant you see the love
jEtONiT Legacy Donating Member 1,817 Member For: 22y 11m 2d Gender: Not Telling Location: next door.. Posted 05/11/05 06:11 AM Posted 05/11/05 06:11 AM same as others, had the hose replaced.
built2redline Member 187 Member For: 21y 5m 3d Location: sh*tney Posted 05/11/05 06:13 AM Posted 05/11/05 06:13 AM I had this happened in my ute when I bought it, I replaced the powersteering fluid with a synthetic powersteering fluid instead of the mineral fluid ford put in there and havent had a problem since even after lowering it and getting the 19"s
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 05/11/05 10:49 AM Posted 05/11/05 10:49 AM the old mans 10/03 does it hell bad
DaKing Member 150 Member For: 21y 10m 27d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/11/05 10:59 AM Posted 05/11/05 10:59 AM My MK1 has just developed a slight shudder under normal highway use and has always had a shudder when truning at low speed (parking etc..)The dealer says he checked for air in the system and if that didn't fix it, I was to bring the car back - suppose he might change the hose.Also, I'm noticing a slight squeel from the power steering first thing in the morning - sounds like slipping beltNo stalling problem though.Why don't thjey just fix the f*#cker in the first place instead of me having to keep going back??DaKing
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 16d Posted 10/11/05 09:24 AM Author Posted 10/11/05 09:24 AM I know, its very annoying. Obviously Ford tells them to try the cheapest half assed option first. if that doesnt work, come back and they try the 2nd cheapest option.Its especially annoying when the cheap work-arounds they try have a low chance of success. But even if it is just a 10% chance of working, from Ford's perspective its worth doing if the proper solution costs Ford $500 to do.Also, a percentage of people will learn to live with it and stop whingeing. Eventually they do the proper fix, but waste a sh1tload of my time along the way. It takes me hours of wasted time to drop off and pick up my car, and worst of all I have to catch public transport instead of driving sideways to and from work!My MK1 has just developed a slight shudder under normal highway use and has always had a shudder when truning at low speed (parking etc..)The dealer says he checked for air in the system and if that didn't fix it, I was to bring the car back - suppose he might change the hose.Also, I'm noticing a slight squeel from the power steering first thing in the morning - sounds like slipping beltNo stalling problem though.Why don't thjey just fix the f*#cker in the first place instead of me having to keep going back??DaKing<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now