Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 17d
  • Location: Broken Hill
Posted

Yesterday I was assualted at work, what I would call a push/punch, enough force to knock me backa few feet!

Basically the guy wasnt sacked, so I handed in my resignation today, stating that I feared to work in an unsafe environment.

Just wonderin what you guys think I should do about it, and who I should see.

ANy ideas?

  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

why dont you go there and deck the pr1ck?? at least it will make you feel better

Posted (edited)

At times like these a cricket bat is your best answer, make sure theres a nail hook in the end of the bat (rusty ones work a treat), drag the bas*ard back after he's down, then give him one from me.

Im with jetute, kick the guys ass mate, good luck.

Edited by NOS XR
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

So he knocks you about and you resign?

WTF !

See a lawyer - I can see abuse, discrimination, violence... hmmmm !!

  • Woooooooosh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Kick his f@#$%NG ASS

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 29d
  • Location: tassie
Posted

sue the pr!ck, you arent meant to deal with crap like that, where do you work at like what sorta place if you dont mind.

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Report it to the police. The rest of it will fall into place

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 27d
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Before we all get on the band wagon!

What provoked the situation????

Normally an employer will ask you to rethink unless they fell you're a bludger!

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 16d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Ok first thing is make a formal complaint to the police. In doing this you should also advise your employer "former employer" if there were any witnesses get statments and so on.

If the police find there is enough evidence supporting the complaint they will charge and proceed through the courts for assault and whatever other charges they can prove. Now here comes the fun bit but costly. Note to all "Only do this if you are a royal *beep*" because your employer failed to take appropriate action you can sue them in the cival courts as well as sueing the guy that assaulted you.

This is only advise from somebody who has dealt with this several time from both sides. Take this advise at your own risk :blink:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 17d
  • Location: Broken Hill
Posted
Ok first thing is make a formal complaint to the police. In doing this you should also advise your employer "former employer" if there were any witnesses get statments and so on.

If the police find there is enough evidence supporting the complaint they will charge and proceed through the courts for assault and whatever other charges they can prove. Now here comes the fun bit but costly. Note to all "Only do this if you are a royal *beep*" because your employer failed to take appropriate action you can sue them in the cival courts as well as sueing the guy that assaulted you.

This is only advise from somebody who has dealt with this several time from both sides. Take this advise at your own risk :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I went to the police station that night, they basically said, that generally if there are no physical wounds or injuries or blood wasnt drawn, then there was no point trying to take it to court or even making a complaint. They Said I either lay an offical assualt charge or I dont, and that the full situation will be investigated. So stuff all was done!!!

I am going to get in contact with and report it with the industrial relations commission. Im not in a union but I will still go down the the local chamber of commerce and have it reported and see what happens. I think I will go to the free legal aid on monday as well and see what they think. The last thing I want is for this to cost me money!

I have had to quit as non appropriate action was taken by my employer. He never even bothered to try and contact me out of work hours that day it happend, nor the next day (today) even though I didnt show for work. It would now be impossible to work at the same place as this other guy, and as the other guy was taken to as the favourite and got away with it, I had no choice but to quit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...