Mac Daddy Member 103 Member For: 21y 2m 16d Location: brisvegas Posted 22/10/05 04:36 AM Posted 22/10/05 04:36 AM Hi guys,im currently looking into a new gear box for my mark1 t to replace the useless 5 sp. I have big plans for the car and need to know if anyone has some good ideas for a box, it is driven daily to and from work but my goal is a 10 sec quarter so auto is probably the way but need to know if you guys have any good ideas.cheers matt
Lawsy Wanabe mechanical engineer Legacy Donating Member 960 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: At the computer, obviously..... Posted 22/10/05 10:15 AM Posted 22/10/05 10:15 AM http://www.malwoodauto.com.au/
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 22/10/05 12:04 PM Posted 22/10/05 12:04 PM I think Adam who currently has the quickest XR6T in Aust has a C4 auto behind his. It was either too expensive or not possible to beef up the 4 speed auto to cope with the level of power required to run 10 sec 1/4 mile. Not sure about the new 6 speed auto though, it's too new for anyone to have done much research on yet.
Mac Daddy Member 103 Member For: 21y 2m 16d Location: brisvegas Posted 22/10/05 02:33 PM Author Posted 22/10/05 02:33 PM yeh I have been speaking to adam and that is an option and the most likely at the moment but someone on here may have an idea or two worth hearing you never know, and as far as I know mal wood only do manuals and the t56 is all that's worth lookin at which is actually more expensive than the c9 combo which I would probably prefer
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 22/10/05 06:13 PM Posted 22/10/05 06:13 PM I'm still running the Ford 4 speed in mine. I have 385rwkw's when racing and run mid 10's and the box is holding up well. I've done well over 150 passes with most in the 10's and 11's. It's been modified by Kewish in Dandenong and its great on the street as a daily driver. Renata (my wife) takes the kids to school in it some times. You don't need to go to outlandish to run 10's. If your after 9's then you definately need something similar to what Adam has.Geea.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now