rushed6 Member 137 Member For: 21y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 10/10/05 01:36 AM Posted 10/10/05 01:36 AM ok I got some one who is doing the phoon flash to xr6t one question will the auto survive? very hush hush at the moment I am the donor vehicle he has done it on his manual and it seems ok so I'm the auto test.
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 5d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 10/10/05 01:50 AM Posted 10/10/05 01:50 AM I dont think hush hush - and internet forum are particularly complimentary.You will probably get more expert responses - but... I would say the Phoon flash wont work for you, All Phoons are manual 6 speed, and they have variable cam control - neither of which your XR6T should have, plus the fact that the Typhoon has a different intercooler, and CAI etc. So.... I cant see it making your car run at all well.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/10/05 06:37 AM Posted 10/10/05 06:37 AM I think the F6 being manual and the test car being auto will be a problem.With the VVT, I heard that the BArra has all the hardware required to get VVT going, but due to detuming the T they did not see it as needed. I would bet that if you had a manual T, the F6 flash could work, but the Edit is better.
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 2d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 10/10/05 07:15 AM Posted 10/10/05 07:15 AM Variable cam timing yes, but not individual variable cam timing as is on the typhoon and also I believe the BF
rushed6 Member 137 Member For: 21y 1m 6d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 10/10/05 12:56 PM Author Posted 10/10/05 12:56 PM ok so phoon edit is gonna be a no no wog tune is a yes yes
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 2d Posted 10/10/05 11:36 PM Posted 10/10/05 11:36 PM ok so phoon edit is gonna be a no no wog tune is a yes yesMuch better bet.
F6_Tornado F6+300+ Member 940 Member For: 21y 10m 21d Location: In The Ute Posted 10/10/05 11:46 PM Posted 10/10/05 11:46 PM ok I got some one who is doing the phoon flash to xr6t one question will the auto survive? very hush hush at the moment I am the donor vehicle he has done it on his manual and it seems ok so I'm the auto test.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>If I understand you correctly you want to stick a F6 (manual only) map into a XR6T Auto? May I ask Why?Realistically the engines are the same and I don’t know that any tuners are getting better results with the F6 map than the XR6T maps at the present time.In fact I have run a XR6T MKII manual map in my F6 and I get better results from it than the F6 map, Better A/F control… Better Idle… Less lumps in the power curve… More overall kw’s. Holds the boost longer. (Generally easier to manipulate)Apart from the oil pressure light staying on!!!! A good exercise all the same.From what I can gather the XR6T maps are further advanced and far more common and as such used more, resulting in better results than the F6 maps. When comparing the two maps the F6 maps seem to be missing a heap of tables for some reason.Maybe CAPA engineers have not fully reverse engineered the F6 map as yet?? I really don’t know.Personally I don’t see any benefit in doing it at this point in time, but having said that I think it may well be beneficial to possibly use the new BF Maps in earlier BA’s.From all the info released of late Ford have finally managed to control the Cams independently on the BF and as such made some big gains in torque and fuel consumption so maybe a BF map would be the best option I think. (If compatible)BTW the Wog is Very capable of tuning your car with whatever map u wish.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now