ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m 7d Posted 07/10/05 12:11 AM Posted 07/10/05 12:11 AM http://www.indcor.com.au/aboutheth.htmhttp://www.deh.gov.au/atmosphere/fuelquali...t/chapter4.htmlhttp://www.deh.gov.au/atmosphere/fuelquali...anol/index.htmlhttp://www.caltex.com.au/about_news_detail.asp?id=309http://www.aip.com.au/industry/fact_alt_fuels.htm
sykes Member 408 Member For: 23y 1m 20d Location: Brisbane (Parkinson) Posted 07/10/05 12:15 AM Posted 07/10/05 12:15 AM I just found this, Not a bad bit of info.But after reading this I don't think I will be using itMick11652.pdf
FINER6 Member 81 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Location: Mexico Posted 07/10/05 12:23 AM Posted 07/10/05 12:23 AM (edited) http://www.lotustrophy.com.au/sites/lotusc...CommonFuels.pdfThis has probably already been posted somewhere. but if you haven't read it. do it now. Edited 07/10/05 12:24 AM by FINER6
minstral Member 115 Member For: 22y 3m 17d Location: Melbourne Posted 07/10/05 02:20 AM Author Posted 07/10/05 02:20 AM IT IS WORSE FOR THE ENVIROMENT, THIS IS A KNOWN FACT.The cost of power and machinery to make ethanol is more than the savings enviromentally. This means that there are more emmissions from the electricity production and fuel used to harvest and convert the sugar cane than the reduction of the emmission from the vehicle.I would have thought that these emissions would have allready been present as they allready do the harvesting of wheat and sugar. I believe that the ethanol is created from the byproduct of this process "molassis" I cant spell. I also am very aware that the fuel companies may start a smear campain or other bits of miss information as it will not benifit them having a cheaper and maybe better alternative( Yet too be proved I know) Which may take some of there profit. I think some of us may just have to try it for ourselves.
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/10/05 04:03 AM Posted 07/10/05 04:03 AM I just found this, Not a bad bit of info.But after reading this I don't think I will be using it.MickYeah, a good read I think I'll keep using straight petrol - the piston and exhaust port pics alone in that .pdf were pretty scary
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/10/05 04:05 AM Posted 07/10/05 04:05 AM Keep in mind that the Hyundai was using E20 which is a 20% mix. Double that which is used at most BP servos.
Goldbullet Member 883 Member For: 21y 6m 14d Location: Frankston Posted 07/10/05 04:05 AM Posted 07/10/05 04:05 AM IT IS WORSE FOR THE ENVIROMENT, THIS IS A KNOWN FACT.The cost of power and machinery to make ethanol is more than the savings enviromentally. This means that there are more emmissions from the electricity production and fuel used to harvest and convert the sugar cane than the reduction of the emmission from the vehicle.I would have thought that these emissions would have allready been present as they allready do the harvesting of wheat and sugar. I believe that the ethanol is created from the byproduct of this process "molassis" I cant spell. I also am very aware that the fuel companies may start a smear campain or other bits of miss information as it will not benifit them having a cheaper and maybe better alternative( Yet too be proved I know) Which may take some of there profit. I think some of us may just have to try it for ourselves. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have been using it for 2 weeks now, I have noticed a power gain and a gain in my wallet. (Boost 98)Dave
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/10/05 04:09 AM Posted 07/10/05 04:09 AM Keep in mind that the Hyundai was using E20 which is a 20% mix. Double that which is used at most BP servos.I normally get BP 98 myself. Might be a dumb question, but how do servos sell the E10 mix? I haven't seen it where I am. Is it premixed, and you fill up like everything else?
XR6TOLDIE Member 37 Member For: 22y 8m 9d Location: Brisbane Posted 07/10/05 04:10 AM Posted 07/10/05 04:10 AM Ford will probably void your waranty if they found you were using it. Maybe ask a friendly dealer.
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 07/10/05 04:19 AM Posted 07/10/05 04:19 AM They can't void your warranty for using E10 fuel. It's readily available at most BP servos. You fill up like normal.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now