Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • HEINRICH PERFORMANCE AND TUNING
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: adelaide
Posted
I was going to wait until I had finished the tuning to tell this story, but it got the better of me and I know that there are some guys (and Shazzy)out there they are interested in final numbers etc.

After around 3000kms, I purchased a full Nizpro Cobra kit (with the larger injectors), turbosmart vee port BOV, Walbro pump, cooler thermstat, and Simon’s Xtreme Ford tuning tunes (Edit) to run it all. I also installed a 4 inch SMB dump pipe and cat, a 4 inch collector split to dual 2.5” pipes and then mated to the standard mufflers. I think that’s it……………

After having issues with pinging and it being COMPLETELY my fault *cough*, I got it running right last Wednesday and what an absolute beast, love it. You have to be very careful when changing lanes under any power in lower (1-2-3) gears and the torque! Holy snapping ducksh!t batman! I love the feel of third and fourth gears and so does anyone who has stepped in it, only problem is the terminal speed after even a moderate squirt.

I finally got it on the dyno yesterday morning.

Funny story, I threw my car on the PTE dyno, the first run was "only" 299RWKW and I thought that is impossible - can't be right, it's got w-a-y more than that...........and then the lurid smell made its way to the windows....That familiar tyre frying smell…..BAD. It was turning the wheels on the dyno. :Imwifhim:

2nd run, as soon as the gas was hit at around 2200rpm it lit straight up on the rollers. It comes on that hard. So, I did what any self respecting rev head would do, I went and sat in the boot to try and hold it down - I am only a delicate little thing... :spit:  Try again. This time it “only” recorded a 314RWKW run with wheelspin all after 3600rpm………..that is where the peak was made. My tyres are all feathered and you should see the pieces of rubber all over the roof and boot! 314rwkw at 3600rpm.....still don't know what the peak is! I was happy and it is running way too rich so looking forward to the fine tuning!

Can’t wait until we can strap it down properly and sit in the boot again! Love your work Simon. :spit:

I will keep this tread updated as to the work in progress and the final results.

Shane

enjoy the power its good isnt it

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 1 month later...
  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 23d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted

It's still spinning on the dyno, so it is making it a little hard to get the proper numbers unfortunately but have a go at the torque...................... :spoton:

What it feels like accelerating from 100km/hr in fourth has to be felt!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
It's still spinning on the dyno, so it is making it a little hard to get the proper numbers unfortunately but have a go at the torque...................... :spoton:

What it feels like accelerating from 100km/hr in fourth has to be felt!

nice results mate :spoton:

must be an absolute blast to drive

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

Great efforts Shame

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 26d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

F6 Rapid,

are you using the standard clutch?? if no, did you find out the limit on the phoon clutch before you swaped it over??

  • Crusty aviator
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: ACT
Posted

Nice numbers.

Why was the dyno run in fourth gear, especially if the clutch is an issue?

Dingah

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
Nice numbers.

Why was the dyno run in fourth gear, especially if the clutch is an issue?

Dingah

what gear would you run a manual in dingah? your supposed to use 4th as its 1to 1

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 23d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted

I can't recall saying that the clutch was an issue............

Touch wood though!

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 23d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted
F6 Rapid,

are you using the standard clutch?? if no, did you find out the limit on the phoon clutch before you swaped it over??

Stocko thus far mate.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...