Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • In Your Face
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Peninsula
Posted
With the risk of getting flamed , the APS zorst and cat is a great bit of kit IMO.

No drone,very little back pressure , subtle but menacing note under light loads and awesome when under the pump.

Good enough to go on the Phoon on Friday :fool:

They are not cheap though, being well engineered stainless

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll second that.

The APS zorst is a very well made bit of metal. Yes, it is exxy, but you can definately see where the $$$ go. :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll third that :spoton:

  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 20d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted
Id personally be going the Xforce system. I tested a number of systems on my car in conjuction with Bestmufflers to develop this system and I did find a power increase of approx 13rwkw on an otherwise stock standard T (BOV and Filter as only mods). You can have a look at some dyno sheets and information on the following website::

http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htm

I had the single 3" system on my car and had it up to 270rwkw, after that I changed the system to 3.5" with a 4" smb cat and custom split pipe dump pipe (which is being changed again shortly......Top Secret project lol) to achieve my current power levels of 300+ - Unichip etc etc. The sounds on the 3" system is great, the production system has a muffler in the middle which my test system didnt have (as I wanted it loud) so you shouldnt get much of a drone in the car.

Dont get me wrong, the APS exhaust system is a great peice of work, however it is also very expensive.

If you need anymore info/have any more question feel free to ask,

Regs

Dean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So which system are you talking about? The X-Force 3inch system, or your 3.5 inch system?? I beleive the x force may be coming out in a 3.5 inch system??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depending on the power levels you are after, if your not going to go nuts, stick to the 3" system, it will do the job plus some. If you want to go 270+ then you would be better off with the 3.5" system as im currently running.

As for the 3.5" system, my car was in 2 weeks ago for a week, the exhaust was taken off and a mould was made. With that being said, the 3.5" system should be abailable soon to be purchased. For those of you that are interested, looks like you'll be able to purchase the quad setup soon too.

Regz

Dean

EDIT:: Swanga, the current system on the car, 3.5, it is a Xforce system done by BestMufflers. All my exhaust work goes to BestMufflers who do Xforce system (along with plenty of custom work etc)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im more concerned about sound, does the 3.5 inch sound louder than the 3inch?? Can you tell the difference?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That I cant answer yet, my 3.5" quad system has no rear mufflers, so its loud.....I havent meet anybody yet that doesnt like the sound of my car...ive even been told a couple times that its the best sounding XR6 T around.....however the new 3.5" system will have 2 mufflers in the ass end to reduce noise (for the quad setups) as for the single setup im not too sure on the muffler configuration. It should be a bit louder but that can always be fixed with the muffler (dependingo n what you want).

FPVT6 - the APS system is a good system and they sound good under acceleration, however you dont get any sort of sound on idle. I guess it really depends on what your after in an exhaust.

Regz

Dean

  • Benzene
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Out West
Posted
Id personally be going the Xforce system. I tested a number of systems on my car in conjuction with Bestmufflers to develop this system and I did find a power increase of approx 13rwkw on an otherwise stock standard T (BOV and Filter as only mods). You can have a look at some dyno sheets and information on the following website::

http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htm

I had the single 3" system on my car and had it up to 270rwkw, after that I changed the system to 3.5" with a 4" smb cat and custom split pipe dump pipe (which is being changed again shortly......Top Secret project lol) to achieve my current power levels of 300+ - Unichip etc etc. The sounds on the 3" system is great, the production system has a muffler in the middle which my test system didnt have (as I wanted it loud) so you shouldnt get much of a drone in the car.

Dont get me wrong, the APS exhaust system is a great peice of work, however it is also very expensive.

If you need anymore info/have any more question feel free to ask,

Regs

Dean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So which system are you talking about? The X-Force 3inch system, or your 3.5 inch system?? I beleive the x force may be coming out in a 3.5 inch system??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depending on the power levels you are after, if your not going to go nuts, stick to the 3" system, it will do the job plus some. If you want to go 270+ then you would be better off with the 3.5" system as im currently running.

As for the 3.5" system, my car was in 2 weeks ago for a week, the exhaust was taken off and a mould was made. With that being said, the 3.5" system should be abailable soon to be purchased. For those of you that are interested, looks like you'll be able to purchase the quad setup soon too.

Regz

Dean

EDIT:: Swanga, the current system on the car, 3.5, it is a Xforce system done by BestMufflers. All my exhaust work goes to BestMufflers who do Xforce system (along with plenty of custom work etc)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im more concerned about sound, does the 3.5 inch sound louder than the 3inch?? Can you tell the difference?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That I cant answer yet, my 3.5" quad system has no rear mufflers, so its loud.....I havent meet anybody yet that doesnt like the sound of my car...ive even been told a couple times that its the best sounding XR6 T around.....however the new 3.5" system will have 2 mufflers in the ass end to reduce noise (for the quad setups) as for the single setup im not too sure on the muffler configuration. It should be a bit louder but that can always be fixed with the muffler (dependingo n what you want).

FPVT6 - the APS system is a good system and they sound good under acceleration, however you dont get any sort of sound on idle. I guess it really depends on what your after in an exhaust.

Regz

Dean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to be a pain but could you explain the way your system is set up??

  • Gold Platinum Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I have center muffler removed at the moment. To get to 300rwkw and then maybe over will replacing just the cat and dump pipe be enough or should I get the whole exhaust redone e.g. APS comlete exhast setup?

Also does the $1800 APS exhaust+cat also include dump pipe? If it doesnt then that sux because it is a restriction.

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 20d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted
Id personally be going the Xforce system. I tested a number of systems on my car in conjuction with Bestmufflers to develop this system and I did find a power increase of approx 13rwkw on an otherwise stock standard T (BOV and Filter as only mods). You can have a look at some dyno sheets and information on the following website::

http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htm

I had the single 3" system on my car and had it up to 270rwkw, after that I changed the system to 3.5" with a 4" smb cat and custom split pipe dump pipe (which is being changed again shortly......Top Secret project lol) to achieve my current power levels of 300+ - Unichip etc etc. The sounds on the 3" system is great, the production system has a muffler in the middle which my test system didnt have (as I wanted it loud) so you shouldnt get much of a drone in the car.

Dont get me wrong, the APS exhaust system is a great peice of work, however it is also very expensive.

If you need anymore info/have any more question feel free to ask,

Regs

Dean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So which system are you talking about? The X-Force 3inch system, or your 3.5 inch system?? I beleive the x force may be coming out in a 3.5 inch system??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depending on the power levels you are after, if your not going to go nuts, stick to the 3" system, it will do the job plus some. If you want to go 270+ then you would be better off with the 3.5" system as im currently running.

As for the 3.5" system, my car was in 2 weeks ago for a week, the exhaust was taken off and a mould was made. With that being said, the 3.5" system should be abailable soon to be purchased. For those of you that are interested, looks like you'll be able to purchase the quad setup soon too.

Regz

Dean

EDIT:: Swanga, the current system on the car, 3.5, it is a Xforce system done by BestMufflers. All my exhaust work goes to BestMufflers who do Xforce system (along with plenty of custom work etc)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im more concerned about sound, does the 3.5 inch sound louder than the 3inch?? Can you tell the difference?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That I cant answer yet, my 3.5" quad system has no rear mufflers, so its loud.....I havent meet anybody yet that doesnt like the sound of my car...ive even been told a couple times that its the best sounding XR6 T around.....however the new 3.5" system will have 2 mufflers in the ass end to reduce noise (for the quad setups) as for the single setup im not too sure on the muffler configuration. It should be a bit louder but that can always be fixed with the muffler (dependingo n what you want).

FPVT6 - the APS system is a good system and they sound good under acceleration, however you dont get any sort of sound on idle. I guess it really depends on what your after in an exhaust.

Regz

Dean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to be a pain but could you explain the way your system is set up??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry dude, before I get into it, do you want an explanation what exactly would you like me to explain?

1) The 3" Xforce system that been developed

2) The 3.5" Xforce system that is to be released, or

3) My 3.5" system (Mine is a custom system that differs a bit from the production system)

Also, take a quick look at the link I put up previously, you will find pictures and dyno sheets there also

Regards,

Dean

  • Benzene
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Out West
Posted
Id personally be going the Xforce system. I tested a number of systems on my car in conjuction with Bestmufflers to develop this system and I did find a power increase of approx 13rwkw on an otherwise stock standard T (BOV and Filter as only mods). You can have a look at some dyno sheets and information on the following website::

http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Cu...yno_results.htm

I had the single 3" system on my car and had it up to 270rwkw, after that I changed the system to 3.5" with a 4" smb cat and custom split pipe dump pipe (which is being changed again shortly......Top Secret project lol) to achieve my current power levels of 300+ - Unichip etc etc. The sounds on the 3" system is great, the production system has a muffler in the middle which my test system didnt have (as I wanted it loud) so you shouldnt get much of a drone in the car.

Dont get me wrong, the APS exhaust system is a great peice of work, however it is also very expensive.

If you need anymore info/have any more question feel free to ask,

Regs

Dean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So which system are you talking about? The X-Force 3inch system, or your 3.5 inch system?? I beleive the x force may be coming out in a 3.5 inch system??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Depending on the power levels you are after, if your not going to go nuts, stick to the 3" system, it will do the job plus some. If you want to go 270+ then you would be better off with the 3.5" system as im currently running.

As for the 3.5" system, my car was in 2 weeks ago for a week, the exhaust was taken off and a mould was made. With that being said, the 3.5" system should be abailable soon to be purchased. For those of you that are interested, looks like you'll be able to purchase the quad setup soon too.

Regz

Dean

EDIT:: Swanga, the current system on the car, 3.5, it is a Xforce system done by BestMufflers. All my exhaust work goes to BestMufflers who do Xforce system (along with plenty of custom work etc)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im more concerned about sound, does the 3.5 inch sound louder than the 3inch?? Can you tell the difference?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That I cant answer yet, my 3.5" quad system has no rear mufflers, so its loud.....I havent meet anybody yet that doesnt like the sound of my car...ive even been told a couple times that its the best sounding XR6 T around.....however the new 3.5" system will have 2 mufflers in the ass end to reduce noise (for the quad setups) as for the single setup im not too sure on the muffler configuration. It should be a bit louder but that can always be fixed with the muffler (dependingo n what you want).

FPVT6 - the APS system is a good system and they sound good under acceleration, however you dont get any sort of sound on idle. I guess it really depends on what your after in an exhaust.

Regz

Dean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to be a pain but could you explain the way your system is set up??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry dude, before I get into it, do you want an explanation what exactly would you like me to explain?

1) The 3" Xforce system that been developed

2) The 3.5" Xforce system that is to be released, or

3) My 3.5" system (Mine is a custom system that differs a bit from the production system)

Also, take a quick look at the link I put up previously, you will find pictures and dyno sheets there also

Regards,

Dean

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3)your system if you dont mind telling me??

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 20d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted (edited)

3)your system if you dont mind telling me??

Nah that's cool, at the moment im running a split dump pipe (3" dump with 1.7" wastegate pipe), going into a 4" cat. 3.5" single system, 1 high flow muffler before the diff (straight through muffler), 3.5" over the diff, once over it breakes off into dual 2.5" (this is for my quad pipes), and as soon as the bend is done that breaks off into a further 2, leaving me with 4 2.5" pipes up to the tail pipes.

The dump pipe is getting changed soon, we are playing around with different types of dump pipes. Ill let you know how I go with the future tests :)

Here are some pics, as shown on www.bestmufflers.com

1) Engine Bay

<div class='bbimg'>

baturbo1.jpg
</div>

2) Dump pipe on its own

<div class='bbimg'>

Ford_BA_XR6_dump.jpg
</div>

3) The dump pipe on my car

<div class='bbimg'>

fordxr6turbodump3.jpg
</div>

4) The cat and beginning of my exhaust

<div class='bbimg'>

fordxr6turbodump4.jpg
</div>

5) The single muffler (only muffler in my whole system)

<div class='bbimg'>

fordxr6system1.jpg
</div>

6) The ass end of my baby :)

<div class='bbimg'>

fordxr6turbotips1.jpg
</div>

As mentioned previously, you can find a full write up on http://www.bestmufflers.com/Information/Custom%20Systems/Ford_XR6_Turbo_Dyno_results.htm

Regards,

Dean

Edited by XR6ISM
  • Benzene
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Out West
Posted

Sounds like a nice system you wouldnt happen to have any sound clips??

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 4d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
I have center muffler removed at the moment. To get to 300rwkw and then maybe over will replacing just the cat and dump pipe be enough or should I get the whole exhaust redone e.g. APS comlete exhast setup?

Also does the $1800 APS exhaust+cat also include dump pipe? If it doesnt then that sux because it is a restriction.

Yes Dump pipe included Tim :spoton:

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 20d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted
Sounds like a nice system you wouldnt happen to have any sound clips??

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nah I dont....are you in syd ?? If so your more then welcome to hear it in the flesh, otherwise any ideas on how to take a good quality sound recording ??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...