Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

hey quick question prob sick of hearing this I wanna get a cappa box I can afford this but can I run the capa edit with out getting it tuned can I just plug it in and drive?

  • F6+300+
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 20d
  • Location: In The Ute
Posted
hey quick question prob sick of hearing this I wanna get a cappa box I can afford this but can I run the capa edit with out getting it tuned can I just plug it in and drive?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey quick reply>>>> YES :kissmy:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
hey quick question prob sick of hearing this I wanna get a cappa box I can afford this but can I run the capa edit with out getting it tuned can I just plug it in and drive?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey quick reply>>>> YES :kissmy:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks man any stats how safe is it ect ect

  • F6+300+
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 20d
  • Location: In The Ute
Posted

Off the shelf will be very conservative as such.

If you want to make the most of it u will need a custom tune and probably pickup another 30rwkws depending on existing mods

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Off the shelf will be very conservative as such.

If you want to make the most of it u will need a custom tune and probably pickup another 30rwkws depending on existing mods

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got cold air intake hybrid cooler bmc filter looking for bout 240 to 260 @ wheels recon just the plug in tune can do this and do it safe then I wanna do springs and injectors then get a tune

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 4m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

You could easily get 240rwkw without anything but a custom edit.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 18d
Posted

Bottom line - depends on the dyno!

Best way to look at it is to expect an increase of around 30 - 40 rwkw. You need to bear in mind also that although you will see some improvement across the rev range it wont be 30 - 40rwkw, this will only occur @ peak power.

My advice to anyone embarking on an edit is to bight the bullit and fork out the extra $350 for bigger injectors and get them installed with a custom tune from day one.

This way you can get the SAFE tune that you will ultimately want from day 1 and save youirself additional tuning / dyno costs in the process. :stirthepot:

  • Crusty aviator
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: ACT
Posted
Bottom line - depends on the dyno!

Best way to look at it is to expect an increase of around 30 - 40 rwkw. You need to bear in mind also that although you will see some improvement across the rev range it wont be 30 - 40rwkw, this will only occur @ peak power.

My advice to anyone embarking on an edit is to bight the bullit and fork out the extra $350 for bigger injectors and get them installed with a custom tune from day one.

This way you can get the SAFE tune that you will ultimately want from day 1 and save youirself additional tuning / dyno costs in the process. :stirthepot:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:crybaby: ..at last the best advice you'll get - now get on with it. Custom tune not plug and pray is the way to go. Dyno numbers are just that - numbers. Listen to Jordak.

Dingah

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m
Posted

Standard flash is OK to run straight out of the box, but it's a generic tune much like what Ford flash in to begin with. Even with the standard flash, I would always recommend a dyno run to double check AFR's etc., just to make sure everything is OK.

As Jordak mentioned, the biggest gains with the generic tunes are achieved in peak power rather than across the entire rev range. Therefore, to get the most out of your investment, I would also recommend a custom tune.

Whether or not you need injectors really depends on the level of power you are looking for. If you live in the Northern states, then saving your pennies for an intercooler would be a good idea.

On a strict budget though, Edit and dyno run is OK. Much better with a custom tune to go with it. :stirthepot:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 21d
Posted

I recently installed the capa edit with generic tune. Both the 8 and 10 psi tunes perform well. However even with the 8 psi tune the clutch slips in 4th. I have returned to the stock tune and the clutch seems to be as good as it ever was.

I was hoping to just use the edit with generic tune for a while but it looks like I will need a clutch first.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...