daninme Member 117 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Posted 25/08/05 01:10 AM Posted 25/08/05 01:10 AM I am really pissed about thistwo nights ago in sydney (where I live)in wetherill pk I was driving along and a =car was turning right so I merged into the outer lane geared down and went passed him then as I pass him doing about 65kmh maybe more my lane merges and before I get a chance to look bang a pot hole!! I cannot tell u how hard the hit was the whole car shook!I checked it ddidnt see a prob until the next morning both passenger side tyres down to the floor. as I do the whole spare wheel procedure I take the wheels off and a massive ding and a chunk of tyre missing from both wheels....... I cant tell u how I screamed.. anyway a guy round my area will re mould the rims cause there buckled 4 $180 each then rubber...do u think the council is liable?
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 17d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 25/08/05 01:56 AM Posted 25/08/05 01:56 AM YES !!!!!Take pictures of the pot hole, the damge to your vehicle and send it in for damages !!!!
-carty nutter Member 1,966 Member For: 22y 8m 23d Location: Wagga Wagga Posted 25/08/05 02:02 AM Posted 25/08/05 02:02 AM alot of people have had this problem on here....if you have a quick search, youll see other peoples mis-fortunes also...I think one or two of them got some money from govt also...
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 25/08/05 02:07 AM Posted 25/08/05 02:07 AM now that I'm running 19" rims and low profile rubber, scares the sh*t out of me to when I see em, even when you run over em if unavoidable at 5clicks, it's a scary thing.The amount of taxes and BS we pay ane put up with...don't get me started!
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 16d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 25/08/05 02:44 AM Posted 25/08/05 02:44 AM that really sux....where does all the rego money go... sue them!!! shazzy
doublek Member 333 Member For: 22y 2m 29d Location: sydney Posted 25/08/05 05:24 AM Posted 25/08/05 05:24 AM sorry to hear about that mate. go to the council and see what happens.pot holes are my number 1 enemy on the road. I am constantly trying to avoid them wherever I go. sometimes makes me think that I should just buy a piece of sh*t and not worry about them.damn things really piss me off.
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Posted 25/08/05 05:31 AM Posted 25/08/05 05:31 AM http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...topic=19136&hl=here is a previous topic on this..DEFINATLY hit the council up for the bill!!good luck mate
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 25d Location: Canberra Posted 25/08/05 05:40 AM Posted 25/08/05 05:40 AM Jeez, that really sucks mate, sorry to hear that. As carty's said, there's been plenty of posts on this before, so have a look around. I gotta admit I haven't gone to the link XR06T has posted, but I hope it's to one that I remember where the guy sent the council a letter from his solicitor and got his compensation quick smart! Good luck!
jEtONiT Legacy Donating Member 1,817 Member For: 22y 10m 21d Gender: Not Telling Location: next door.. Posted 25/08/05 07:33 AM Posted 25/08/05 07:33 AM yeh give the council a buzz man.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 25/08/05 08:32 AM Posted 25/08/05 08:32 AM sorry to hear about that mate. go to the council and see what happens.pot holes are my number 1 enemy on the road. I am constantly trying to avoid them wherever I go. sometimes makes me think that I should just buy a piece of sh*t and not worry about them.damn things really piss me off.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>This exact habit got me pulled over at 4:00 am on Monday morning, the cops were certain they had a severely intoxicated driver. After pulling me over we had a good laugh as they were telling me all that they could see from the distance was my light beam straying all over the road. They even pulled up on the shoulder in fear that I would collect them on the way past!Trent.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now