Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Got my edit back and it seems to work just fine.

Took a closer look at the tuning box leed and thers 4 pins on the end that plugs into the box missing? :thumbsup:

WTF

Any one got this, seems not to have been a problem but I'm no egg head and wouldn't know, could this be damage or have they been removed by CAPA for a reason?

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 6d
  • Location: Bossley Park, NSW
Posted

Yeah my lead is the same. I noticed it when I was looking to see if I had a 15-pin to 9-pin lead so that I could hook the flash box up to my PC. Very bodgey isn't it?

Having said that, does anyone have the pin diagram for the SCT flasher programming lead? It looks like a very simple 15 to 9 pin lead with a power supply also running into the 15 pin end to power the flasher. It costs something like US$70 plus postage to buy. :nono:

Then it would only take somebody with a good bit of reverse engineering knowledge to muck around to get a nice look at all the tables for each tune. Problem is that that would be eliminating the expensive CAPA dealer software which may not be the "right" thing to do...

My guess is that in the next few months there will be several other products released that can modify the data stored in the tables on the PCM, just like teh CAPA/SCT unit. If only I was a programmer...

Ant

Posted

Starting to feel OK again.

Talked to the guy at CAPA who said that there were pins removed from the early tuner kits and told me that only 6 of the pins are needed anyway. He's now emailing SCT and geting more info, he said later kits were sold with all the pins.

He's calling back tomorrow, thanks CAPA :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...