Brembo Vs Ap Racing Stoppers

SavageF6

• Wanabe mechanical engineer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 12d

I reckon you go for the biggest, most bull crap large brake rotors you can get your grubby mits on....

that's just my opinion though :D

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10d

No no no, you've all got it wrong. Rotors and calipers are sooooo old hat. Drag chutes and reverse gear wheel-spin gentlemen, that's where its at!

Now the only thing is which size chute to get? I mean the standard chute is good enough sure, but the MEGAFARKHUGE factory option does tickle my fancy.

But I digress...

:crybaby::spit:

Mmmmm if your planning on getting injectors and an edit I'd be looking at the Alcons or Ap brakes. Simon is pushing 34orwkw with a high flow cat edit and injectors and I'd rather have the biggest baddest brakes under the car and have a little over kill then find out they arn't big enough.

I drive my xr8 hard all the time and it's not hard to push the factory brakes to the limits, ill be needing much bigger brakes after next week so all these prices are very helpfull.

I also read on fordforums.com.au that the new GT-Ps with be getting 6 pot brembo's in the BF update, can only assume that the GT and Typhoon will get the 4 pots as standard gear.

• Forum Superhero
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 2d
Ap's and Brembo's and even for the point Alcon's are the best brakes you can get.

For this point Brembo's and AP are basically as good as each other.

I would not bother going through JB racing or ford for these when you can go to many reputable barke places and get the same product much cheaper.

Race Brakes Aus wide do alot the the race cars you see as well as alot of quick street cars. In fact they fitted JB's First BA with AP's as well as doing the first Typhoon ford manufactured before it was released to the public.

From recolection I was looking at 6 pot Ap's for $4k fitted.

Don't get caught in the trap of paying for some smick marketing pitch, all they are doing is getting these brakes from the same place anyone else in the industry does and charging for a name.

Do your research and I think you will be surprised at what alot of traditional brake /mechanical places can do for you.

Which ever brake package you go out of these, you will not be dissapointed. :thumbsup:

JB, surely $4k fitted is just for the fronts add rears and your back to $7k.... so the other JB's ask is not too excessive, but yes you could do marginally better.

The advantage I see with this stuff is if you get it fitted by your Ford dealer you may have less dramas with warranty issues.

All 4 YCL :nono:

• Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 14d
From recolection I was looking at 6 pot Ap's for $4k fitted.

JB, surely $4k fitted is just for the fronts add rears and your back to $7k.... so the other JB's ask is not too excessive, but yes you could do marginally better.

All 4 YCL :thumbsup:

JB, were those mates rates? Because that does seem VERY cheap for any old Joe???

Lumpy :nono:

• 3 weeks later...
  • When in doubt ... Accelerate!
  • Member For: 20y 7m 21d
No no no, you've all got it wrong. Rotors and calipers are sooooo old hat. Drag chutes and reverse gear wheel-spin gentlemen, that's where its at!

Now the only thing is which size chute to get? I mean the standard chute is good enough sure, but the MEGAFARKHUGE factory option does tickle my fancy.

But I digress...

:blink:  :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My god ... I saved a truckload of cash with a home made chute from a bed sheet ... works so good :laughing:

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 19y 3m 11d

Coming in a bit late with my p[ost but let me know if you read this

Aren't the factory Brembos going to cost you $7000+ as sure they are listed at $5000+ but if you buy them with the car won't they incur the luxury sales tax and go up by 25% - ie about $6250.

If this is the case bettter to get the stock brakes, buy the 6 pot AP's and sell the stock Brakes.

BTW hands up if you think the Lux sales tax on cars sux the big one.....

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 15d

LCT Sucks really bad, who the hell thinks you can buy a luxury car for anywhere near $57,000 ?

It is a joke and yet another way we are hit for tax on top of everything else.

You cannot get away from LCT even if you buy them as an option, but the new BF FPV cars will have the 4 spot Brembo's standard, but you can option 6 spot ones.

Buying after market would save the LCT issue, but you cannot add them to a lease package.