veczar Gold Platinum Member Member 1,081 Member For: 22y 3m 8d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 16/08/05 04:44 AM Posted 16/08/05 04:44 AM Congrats
Guest Senator Guests Posted 16/08/05 06:40 AM Posted 16/08/05 06:40 AM Is it only me but I think you could have done another few thousand better. I think you have got a better then average deal but not a great deal.
dal_dhillon Member 425 Member For: 21y 7m 13d Location: Hurstville, Sydney Posted 16/08/05 07:02 AM Author Posted 16/08/05 07:02 AM Is it only me but I think you could have done another few thousand better. I think you have got a better then average deal but not a great deal.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>So Tell me what is a Great deal????????Dal
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 18d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 16/08/05 12:51 PM Posted 16/08/05 12:51 PM Don't worry about what other deals may or may not be available. Youi got a good deal and that's all that matters. I paid close to $50K for mine with 18s and no leather. You got a much better deal. Good luck with the sale of your Mazda.
dal_dhillon Member 425 Member For: 21y 7m 13d Location: Hurstville, Sydney Posted 16/08/05 12:57 PM Author Posted 16/08/05 12:57 PM Don't worry about what other deals may or may not be available. Youi got a good deal and that's all that matters. I paid close to $50K for mine with 18s and no leather. You got a much better deal. Good luck with the sale of your Mazda.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Falchoon I though I did well! !now is the long wait!! they will put the order in on tomorrow!! Dal.
fill Member 127 Member For: 21y 1m 17d Location: Sydney Posted 17/08/05 12:19 PM Posted 17/08/05 12:19 PM Hey Dal- Congrats on the new purchase!I am in the same situationi as you. Just got back from dealer yesterday. Lightning strike, 6 speed at around 7K discount.Just one question for you. Have you considered waiting for the BF model coming out in October?After reading this forum, I am wondering if I should wait until the new model comes out and place the order then. Sounds like the new model has more power and a few additional options. Do you think I will still get the good discount? Is it worth the wait in your opinion? I know there is a new auto trans coming out, but I am going to go with the six speed anyways like yourself. be good to hear what you thinkcheers mate
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 2d Location: Canberra Posted 18/08/05 01:18 AM Posted 18/08/05 01:18 AM fill, I very much doubt you'd get the same sort of discount on the new BF model. I suspect a big part of the reason the discounts being offered on the BA MkII's are so high is because they're trying to get rid of as much stock as they can before the new BF's fill the showrooms. If you managed to get $7K off retail on a new BF I'd be very impressed! Oh, and
dal_dhillon Member 425 Member For: 21y 7m 13d Location: Hurstville, Sydney Posted 18/08/05 09:41 AM Author Posted 18/08/05 09:41 AM Hey Dal- Congrats on the new purchase!I am in the same situationi as you. Just got back from dealer yesterday. Lightning strike, 6 speed at around 7K discount.Just one question for you. Have you considered waiting for the BF model coming out in October?After reading this forum, I am wondering if I should wait until the new model comes out and place the order then. Sounds like the new model has more power and a few additional options. Do you think I will still get the good discount? Is it worth the wait in your opinion? I know there is a new auto trans coming out, but I am going to go with the six speed anyways like yourself. be good to hear what you thinkcheers mate<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Fill , welcome to the forum! I don't think you will get the 7K discount on the new BF falcon and also the pics I have seen of the new BF is not much different as the BA. Yes there is a little bit more power 5KW and also the new 6 speed auto but I think you have to pay extra for it! for what I pay for my XR 6 T it about 54k and I got it for 46500 I reckon with all the opts I got on the BA and I did the same for the BF it will be 54k+ U got think about it mate 5Kw and different front bar and different tail light is worth 7K more??. Good luck with it mate! Which dealer did u got your deal from?Dal
Guest Senator Guests Posted 19/08/05 09:17 AM Posted 19/08/05 09:17 AM The single most reason to wait for the BF is the new 6 speed auto transmission not the cosmetic goods that you can barley see. I still think you can get your current deal down to about $42K, more so now that the BF is about to fall onto the market. You will have no hope in getting any discounts on the new BF until it is at least 12 month old. Long time to wait.
dal_dhillon Member 425 Member For: 21y 7m 13d Location: Hurstville, Sydney Posted 20/08/05 04:54 AM Author Posted 20/08/05 04:54 AM The single most reason to wait for the BF is the new 6 speed auto transmission not the cosmetic goods that you can barley see. I still think you can get your current deal down to about $42K, more so now that the BF is about to fall onto the market. You will have no hope in getting any discounts on the new BF until it is at least 12 month old. Long time to wait.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have found out when I order mine Ford reckon they don't have any stock of the MKII you have to order it! so there might not be any new MKII left by NOVbut am not sure is this true.Dal.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now