73XBGT Member 2 Member For: 21y 1m 24d Posted 09/08/05 01:22 PM Posted 09/08/05 01:22 PM I have just picked up a 7/05 Shockwave XR6T 6 Cogger with a few options. A guy at work got the same car but in Auto & Velocity. Much to my surprise when I opened the bonnet of mine the engine bay & under the hood appeared black but on closer inspection it is Blue Pearl.I then opened the fuel filler today for the first fill up and in the recess there is Blue Pearl as well. These are the only 2 spots on the car that have that colour. My work mate has the same body colour everywhere.I asked my dealer about it, response was "Must have been a paint code change through the production line". He had seen a Yellow one with white under the bonnet."Consider it rare" was the rest of the response.Has anyone seen or heard of this?Cheers
wicksy still kicking around Member 1,789 Member For: 23y 6m 12d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Posted 09/08/05 01:32 PM Posted 09/08/05 01:32 PM I dont know, sounds different, but ford didnt paint the engine bays in the earlier BA's as I recall all engine bays where black, how much does the colours differ from each other
Shockwave-T Member 96 Member For: 21y 3m 8d Location: Melbourne Posted 09/08/05 01:37 PM Posted 09/08/05 01:37 PM "Consider it rare" was the rest of the response.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'd be considering it defective and demanding a new car or at least a reimbersment. It will effect resale values when time comes to sell the car.
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 09/08/05 01:39 PM Posted 09/08/05 01:39 PM got some pics of this mate, I wanna see it
-carty nutter Member 1,966 Member For: 22y 8m 28d Location: Wagga Wagga Posted 09/08/05 01:40 PM Posted 09/08/05 01:40 PM with the bonnet, I put it as a heat thing?under the bonnet of out blueprint xr8, its color is black, but no gloss look on it...
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 11d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 09/08/05 01:40 PM Posted 09/08/05 01:40 PM Thay always change stuff like this. e.g. the under bonnet of carty's blueprint XR is black, but the under bonnet of our blueprint XR is blueprint.. it all just depends on when your car was built I spose.I wouldn't read that much into it, I doubt it will afftect your resale at all.
Demonio Legacy Donating Member 109 Member For: 21y 3m 10d Gender: Male Location: Mackay North QLD Posted 09/08/05 02:47 PM Posted 09/08/05 02:47 PM I have just picked up a 7/05 Shockwave XR6T 6 Cogger with a few options. A guy at work got the same car but in Auto & Velocity. Much to my surprise when I opened the bonnet of mine the engine bay & under the hood appeared black but on closer inspection it is Blue Pearl.I then opened the fuel filler today for the first fill up and in the recess there is Blue Pearl as well. These are the only 2 spots on the car that have that colour. My work mate has the same body colour everywhere.I asked my dealer about it, response was "Must have been a paint code change through the production line". He had seen a Yellow one with white under the bonnet."Consider it rare" was the rest of the response.Has anyone seen or heard of this?Cheers I too just got a july/05 plate shockwave XR6T, and just like yours mine has the same blue/black colour in the fuel filler and under the bonnet, I was just assuming it was the under colour under the entire car. I could be wrong though.
73XBGT Member 2 Member For: 21y 1m 24d Posted 09/08/05 09:50 PM Author Posted 09/08/05 09:50 PM got some pics of this mate, I wanna see it<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Check posted pic. It looks black in the pic but is Blue Pearl as it the same as a Fairmont we have. Paint is all nice and glossy as well not matt finish.
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 28d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 09/08/05 10:27 PM Posted 09/08/05 10:27 PM My Envi T has a matt finish of the Envi colour under the hood. I think it looks sh1t, but was told by my dealer that I was lucky it was green and not black. After chatting to a Mercedes mech on the W/E, they all have black under the bonnet, regardless of exterior colour.
teeg Member 372 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Location: SA Posted 09/08/05 11:01 PM Posted 09/08/05 11:01 PM My 11/04 Shockwave T is black under the bonnet and fuel filler with a gloss finish, and my mate with a merc silver has merc silver under the bonnet. I wouldn't be overly fussed, seems like there are plenty out there much the same.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now