turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/08/05 12:57 PM Posted 08/08/05 12:57 PM G'day fellow utesters.dropped my spare tyre out for the first time on the weekend.No dramas.... until I went to wind it back up.looks like the wire has bound itself within the mechanism and jammed tight.Can't undo it or pull it up. Anyone had a similar prob?Had a look at the mechanism, and although it will unbolt from the tray, the unit itself looks like its sealed. I guess its off to the dealer for a replacement.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 08/08/05 01:02 PM Posted 08/08/05 01:02 PM Yeah mate happened to me about a year ago, it was replaced by the dealer under warranty.They said to try and make sure that when you raise the wheel back up that it is already in line with where it retracts to so you don't drag it under then up. I didn't think I did that with mine anyway though.
BLK6T Member 305 Member For: 21y 11m 14d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 10/08/05 03:05 AM Posted 10/08/05 03:05 AM When I took mine out a screw fell out of the mechanism and it got me worried...but its still works fine. Its really notchy when winding the tyre up though.
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 10/08/05 09:46 AM Posted 10/08/05 09:46 AM Common problem, warranty fixes it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now