Scotty Tav Member 65 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Posted 08/08/05 12:18 PM Posted 08/08/05 12:18 PM I know it's a long shot on here but is any one here a good prestige car salesman? Thanks!
-carty nutter Member 1,966 Member For: 22y 8m 24d Location: Wagga Wagga Posted 08/08/05 12:28 PM Posted 08/08/05 12:28 PM what sorta info you needing for to need a prestige salesman?you need to have more details too, like what type of prestige car...bmw, merc, benz, audi, lexus etc
Scotty Tav Member 65 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Posted 08/08/05 08:26 PM Author Posted 08/08/05 08:26 PM I'm wanting to find out more about working in the industry. What is it really like? What sort of training (if any) do you get? How do you get paid and what is a realistic expectation if you are good at it? I have read a few ads in the paper and it sounds good but I was wanting to know what it is really like by people who have done/doing the jjob. I know it isn't for everyone and not everyone in suitable but if anyone has any good advice or stories (horror) that would be great. You can PM me if you want. Thanks!
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 28d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 08/08/05 10:54 PM Posted 08/08/05 10:54 PM Mate, the only salesman l know of who frequents these boards is Ratt in Sydney. You could try dropping him a PM
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 08/08/05 11:12 PM Posted 08/08/05 11:12 PM Scotty I sold Lexus for 6 months, reasonable training, poor product range though that was outdated, so it was somewhat difficult. the hours are typically 8-6 with 6 days then 5 days a week worked.basic salary then (gees, I was struggling) was around $35k, I got a car to drive (standard anywhere) with fuel, Commission was the kicker, I earnt an average of $600 per car sold, sold ave of 6 per month, so that gives you some idea.training varies according to the brand and the dealer, oh yeah, I just walked in all suited up and sold myself to the dealer principle and GM, started the next week.Give it a shot if you enjoy cars. Stay away from Alfa, Saab, that type of tripe, they don't sell well enough and have a limited range. good luck
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 4m 26d Location: Canberra Posted 09/08/05 02:03 AM Posted 09/08/05 02:03 AM basic salary then (gees, I was struggling) was around $35k, I got a car to drive (standard anywhere) with fuel, Commission was the kicker, I earnt an average of $600 per car sold, sold ave of 6 per month, so that gives you some idea.Basic salary of $35K, about $3600 per month in commission, makes a total of just over $78K per annum. You were struggling on that?!
Scotty Tav Member 65 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Posted 09/08/05 08:14 PM Author Posted 09/08/05 08:14 PM No one else with any advice/stories?
thebrunks Member 665 Member For: 22y 2m 19d Location: Gold Coast Posted 09/08/05 09:41 PM Posted 09/08/05 09:41 PM If your want to know how to train???Go out & steal handbags from old ladies, they're all a bunch of lying thieves.There is no such thing as an honest car salesman, they're there to line their own pockets, like any commission salesman.Russ
DallasQLD Legacy Donating Member 1,197 Member For: 23y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Albany Creek QLD Posted 10/08/05 11:44 PM Posted 10/08/05 11:44 PM You may find prestige sales a bit more honest. When cars are 150k, there generally isnt too much crap going down. Customers expect a LOT more honesty and service in the prestige bracket. If your in for that then its a good choice. I know a number of prestige sales guys and they take their job very seriously and offer and deliver levels of service only Ford dealers dream about.... e.g one of them sold a car the other day - from the time the customer did the deal to the time the customer drove away was 2.5 hours. Try that down at Ford!The Ford guys could do it, they choose not to! They need to spend more time over with their mates at Mazda. They offer better service than Ford ever have!and yes I have a Ford, 2 Mazdas and a BMW...
Guest mercurysteve Guests Posted 11/08/05 01:04 AM Posted 11/08/05 01:04 AM A. Yep, I was struggling but I am now travelling better on the moola front, of course the spend levels then reflect that, so nett result is still struggling to save any dough
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now