Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 28d
  • Location: Geelong
Posted

I've seen a hose clamp carefully placed on the shock shaft to stop it from pulling itself in. Seems to work quite well and doesn't damage the shaft.

Guest Rota_Motor
  • Guests
Posted

I changed front springs, and rear leaves for that matter, on a BA XR8 ute at work.

front end is slightly different to the magna (well up to TS magna anyway) but its definitely not hard, and I just pulled the strut out by hand, and it held itself in place while I bolted the top back on.

the front struts I dont think are gas charged, so they wont push out all the way, well it seems like they arent gas anyway, and just a tip, make sure you put the top hats on so they face the right way before you release the springs - they dont like to turn once the struts are assemble,d and if not aligned correctly can be a pit of a dog to get in the car ;)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...