Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
adam... I hope you did run that time... but a 12.2 with 255 rwkw in a ute?... if that's what you ran its one tough 255 rwkw :glad:

hope my scepticism is wrong though

Com'n mate! I had the hard cover and tail gate off because there damaged.

It has to go fast now! :glad:

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 11d
  • Location: Frankston
Posted

And just for the record Adam, Dave still does have a P.B, in your heading you say I didn't I would think that is a typo error on your part. :glad::glad:

Dave.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
adam... I hope you did run that time... but a 12.2 with 255 rwkw in a ute?... if that's what you ran its one tough 255 rwkw :glad:

hope my scepticism is wrong though

Com'n mate! I had the hard cover and tail gate off because there damaged.

It has to go fast now! :glad:

oh well, there you go then..... a 12.2 it is :glad:

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
I had 4 runs today:

60ft: 2.18 ET: 13.12 MPH: 108.49

60ft: 3.17 ET: 15.28 MPH: 104.36 Launching at 2200rpm... Wheelspin anyone?

60ft: 2.26 ET: 12.28 MPH: Not shown

60ft: 2.19 ET: 13.27 MPH: 106.66

Now as you can probably see the 12.28 is heaps quicker than anything I've ever ran before. The time slip in a little more detail is:

60ft: 2.26 660ft: 7.78 660ft MPH: Not shown ET: 12.28 MPH: Not shown

So what do you guys think did I really run a 12.28 or not?

Not sure if helps but these are the numbers from my 12.742 run:

60 foot 2.207

660 foot 8.365

660 MPH 88.73

ET 12.742

ET MPH 113.19

The thing that indicates the time might be right is your 660foot which is 0.58 under my time. It adds up.

The only thing that goes against it is your MPH from the earlier runs looks too low to run it IMO. I'm no expert though.

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
Not sure if helps but these are the numbers from my 12.742 run:

60 foot      2.207

660 foot    8.365

660 MPH    88.73

ET              12.742

ET MPH      113.19

The thing that indicates the time might be right is your 660foot which is 0.58 under my time. It adds up.

The only thing that goes against it is your MPH from the earlier runs looks too low to run it IMO. I'm no expert though.

I don't understand the whole MPH vs. ET thing.

I've seen cars run very quick times with low MPH's and I've seen slower times but with faster MPH's. I don't know how it all works!

Here's an example of 4 of my previous times:

60ft-------330ft------660ft-----660ft MPH------1000ft-------ET-------ET MPH

2.1527-----5.7357-----8.6646-------83.1800---------11.1864----13.3257----106.1800

2.1985-----5.7844-----8.6598-------85.4100---------11.1517----13.2713----106.6600

2.2566-----5.8403-----8.7240-------84.4100---------11.1940----13.2885----111.9400

2.1800-----5.7278-----8.5763-------86.3600---------11.0402----13.1262----108.4900

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

Regardless of MPH, ET or any other crap I've decided I didn't run the 12.28 after examining the slip in greater detail, it just doesn't add up!

The real time slip is poor quality so I recreated it for you to look at. You will notice that the split times between the two of us are all over the place.

Now the part that has me convinced it's wrong is the 1000ft times, I got a 11.1043 with an ET of 12.28. The other car got a 1000ft time of 10.4947 with an ET of 12.5731. To make up that much time in the last few hundred odd feet I would've had to have had a serious increase in speed.

So there you have it case closed I reckon!

But I did set a new PB though, 13.12 down from 13.28 so at least I improved.

Slip.bmp

  • F6+300+
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 26d
  • Location: In The Ute
Posted
The car beside me ran a 12.57 @ 108.46 MPH with a 60ft time of 1.84. From what I could see he defineately got away on me quicker because I was more concerned on launching rpm. In the last half of the run I was clearly catching him and he just beat me across the line. Which adds support to the time being correct I think and the other guys there tended to agree.

So what do you guys think did I really run a 12.28 or not?

I MUST APOLOGISE TO DAVE. THE TITLE IS SURPOSED TO SAY "DAVE'S NOT THE ONLY ONE WITH A PB" SORRY BUDDY!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If the car beside you run a 12.57 and beat you then wouldnt it be logical that your time could not be less than his?

Your mph may be higher than his if you were catching him but the fact being as you stated he beat you so your time can only be above 12.57 I would have thought.

Sound like a timing error with no Speed recorded either?? probably one of those ones you need to just scratch off.

Still leaves some good times Adam :spoton:

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Well my Wifes T ran a 12.92 @ 112 mph with a 2.5 60 ft with 262 rwkw's.... I cant see how he would do a 12.2 with that mph and with that 60 that you run.. soz adam bud... But it just doesnt quite seem right.

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
Regardless of MPH, ET or any other crap I've decided I didn't run the 12.28 after examining the slip in greater detail, it just doesn't add up!

The real time slip is poor quality so I recreated it for you to look at. You will notice that the split times between the two of us are all over the place.

Now the part that has me convinced it's wrong is the 1000ft times, I got a 11.1043 with an ET of 12.28. The other car got a 1000ft time of 10.4947 with an ET of 12.5731. To make up that much time in the last few hundred odd feet I would've had to have had a serious increase in speed.

So there you have it case closed I reckon!

But I did set a new PB though, 13.12 down from 13.28 so at least I improved.

Your a legend in my book mate, that takes a big man to decide the lesser of the evils.. well done.. I hope you do do a 12 now cos you certainly deserve it with your attitude.. to many ppl would have just jumped at it even though they might haven knowen it was a lie :) well done mate :spoton:

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted
If the car beside you run a 12.57 and beat you then wouldnt it be logical that your time could not be less than his?

Your mph may be higher than his if you were catching him but the fact being as you stated he beat you so your time can only be above 12.57 I would have thought.

Sound like a timing error with no Speed recorded either?? probably one of those ones you need to just scratch off.

Still leaves some good times Adam :spoton:

No that's not right. If we were racing off the tree then you would be correct.

The clock doesn't start until you move so if I stall it up longer than the other car then he can still cross the line ahead of me but I can run a faster time. I should of said he crossed the line just ahead of me rather than beat me across it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...