tquarrell Member 181 Member For: 22y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 30/07/05 09:51 PM Posted 30/07/05 09:51 PM Just wondering, has anyone seen a mag do a test on a mk2 6 sp manual with the factory 18's? The best time I've seen has been a 14.54 with 17's against the Typhoon, however the mk1 with the 5 sp and 18's ran 14.14. Just wondering if the wider, lower profile tyres are the difference or the gearbox. Maybe it's about time ford made 18's standard (mk3?), and/or a mag tested the car with 18's, since all it's competitors have 18's (except the budget "sv" commodores). I'm interested as I'd love a manual, but given I'm looking at getting about 280 - 300 rwkw's and expect the auto to be quicker, and if I get an auto it will be the zf 6 sp. Decisions, decisions...
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 31/07/05 05:25 AM Posted 31/07/05 05:25 AM http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...topic=18605&hl=that was with 17 inch rims though, I dont there would be much difference in a stock car!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now