Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • My new toy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld.
Posted

Offical figures were 20 inch's or 500ml's in the 24 hours from 9 am yesterday to 9 am today with at least 17 inch's falling in the last 12 hours of that.

Holy crap it is wet here.

I believe we have had over 30 inch's since it started raining.

Ian

  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 23d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted
I would kill for 8 inches.....

Dallas, that is probably the funniest thing you have ever posted.

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted
Offical figures were 20 inch's or 500ml's in the 24 hours from 9 am yesterday to 9 am today with at least 17 inch's falling in the last 12 hours of that.

Holy crap it is wet here.

I believe we have had over 30 inch's since it started raining.

Ian

So Ian...How handy are you with outboards! :spoton:

Lumpy :spoton:

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted

we had 196mm here at home

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted

Yep, very wet. 587 mm actually Ian. I think Robina was the worst affected area. Southport & Coomera sustained one hell of a pounding as well. This has been the most rain the Gold Coast has seen in 24 hours for 117 years apparently. We are lucky here near Harbourtown (Biggera Waters), but surrounding areas copped some severe flooding indeed and I'm just talking a hop, skip and a jump away from where we are. Smith St was closed off, in fact the Pacific Motorway was down to one lane, completely closed off inbound I think.

Glad the Helensvale exit to Brisbane Road was open. had my doubts as it was practically a river at 7am this morning. Seeing the carnage the floods caused on the news was quite horrific indeed.

Good news is that the Hinze Dam is sitting at 81%. It's a shame the other two dams didn't get much out of these recent downpours at all. The Wivenhoe Dam actually dropped in its levels :thumbsup:

Should condider ourselves down here as being very lucky. Could have been a hell of a lot worse.

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
I would kill for 8 inches.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think it's time we met Dallas :thumbsup:

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 19d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted

Up here in Noosa

we have had lots and lots and lots for

weeks and weeks

pool flooding continually.... :spit:

surfs good for the boys... :spit:

and the front yard very slippy and wet

and somebody left fast tyre marks across the lawn... :spoton:

:spit: wonder who it was???

:spit:

  • Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom!
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Tweed Heads
Posted

Actually the most rainfall was recorded yesterday at Tweed Heads, yeh , right here, I left Barry in the shed and we took the missus Mazda 2 out, nearly every road was flooded and we had to go through water about 700mm deep to get home. Hard to believe but the little Mazdaratti never missed a beat. :spit:

Think I might start using it for wakeboarding, puts out a great wave. LOL :spoton:

  • FORD FORD FORD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side
Posted
I would kill for 8 inches.....

I think it's time we met Dallas :spoton:

Yep the two of you combined might reach 8 inches, with the use of a mirror. LOL

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Water, Water everywhere, but not a drop to drink.....

** Can anyone tell me where that lkine is from ?

Send you rai to Sydney, we'll take your your 400mm + More.

As much over the catchment areas as we can...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...