Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: South Coast NSW
Posted

Lumpy> At this stage I'm expecting to leave Brissy on Tue 12th AM for all ports south ... if you'd like to PM me your mobile or home no. I'll call you over the weekend prior in case any plans change.

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted

Watch out for skippy if ya go inland,,....

With no traffic on speed limit, or there about, pacific is definately quicker....

With school holidays and trying to get through syd. and out the other side you may want to kill someone long before you get to the caravans banked up around taree..... Personally, I would go pacific highway, hit sydney after 9pm, expressway 11pm and about 7-8 hours later you will be on the gold coast.....

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 12d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Thanks Guys,

I will have a closer look at distances etc but what I will probably end up doing is going up the Newell and coming back via the Pacific. I will keep records of time and distance traveled from the trip computer and I suppose we will then have some idea.

The biggest problem at the moment seems to be all of the flood warnings that are appearing on the weather report sites!!!

I am starting to think that we may have to try the New England route as a last resort!!

My Sis did the Newell last week and said that it was very rough!!! 19"s!!! and Herrod suspension is not very compatible with those conditions especially as we will be doing it non stop! ( except for fuel and coffee)

Thanks to all for the advice.

Cheers, Bazza.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I have driven the Newel highway from Brisbane to Melbourne in the T at Xmas time, long straight roads not too many cars in sight did not see one police car. Came back up the pacific and there was traffic, police everywhere and 2 accidents. The inland route is the best road in a T guaranteed.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 12d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Looking at the road reports I may have to find another way of getting there with all the road closures due to flooding!!

Plus 19's and pot holes don't go together very well!!!!

  • My new toy
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld.
Posted

If the rain stopps here today like they say it will only take a day or 2 for the water to receede.

When on the coast ring me on the mobile I am pm ing u maybe we can meet up.

Ian

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted
Looking at the road reports I may have to find another way of getting there with all the road closures due to flooding!!

Plus 19's and pot holes don't go together very well!!!!

Here are the latest Flood Alerts:

BoM Flood Alerts

Your biggest worries coming up the Pacific Highway are:

Hastings River

Manning River

Brunswick River

and if it keeps up, the biggy will be the Clarence River! Yaaaaaaaaay :spoton:

*EDIT* - Just checked and there is a MAJOR flood warning for the Lower Richmond River, which flows through Lismore and Ballina!!!

Lumpy :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 5d
Posted
Have a look at the travel planner on the RACQ website.  Times are pretty conservative but a good indication.  You can look at different routes by adding that you want to travel through certain towns.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry link is:

Travel Planner :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 12d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
Have a look at the travel planner on the RACQ website.  Times are pretty conservative but a good indication.  You can look at different routes by adding that you want to travel through certain towns.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry link is:

Travel Planner :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's a handy tool!!

Thanks mate :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...