Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 3d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted

Hey Guys, I was not going to post up any pics of my new ride but a few of the Vic guys said it would still be good even though it's no longer a T.

Hopefully I am still welcome around here, and I am still eager to assist the guys especially the newbies into modding their T's. Even though I don't have a T any more I am happy to pass on all the knowledge I have gained to assist where I can.

Well I got rid of my T and went out and bought a BMW X5, hey it's still technically in the ford family as Ford owns BMW..... :sofa:

To say I am very happy with it is an understatement. I must admit the only thing I miss is the raw power and the turning heads, but besides that I am very pleased with the purchase. The car is built on the 5 series platform and handles better than most cars I have driven, particulaly with the sports suspension pack on it. This car has basically no body roll, it's quite amazing for a 2100kg 4wd.

It's got the 6 speed auto, which I would suggest will be the auto that ends up in the T in the near future. (Same as the Jag 6 speed).

It is definately one of the better auto's I have driven however, the only bone I would have with it, is it can be a bit slow to change when in manual mode, as well as going down a steep hill, you start on the brakes it will automatically start to down shift the gears which can be annoying if you want to remain in the gear you are in.

It's a 2005 3.0l D with 150kw (yes I know) but makes up for it's weight with 480nm. This is when you put the boot in it goes like :pooh: off a shovel. 800k out of my first tank (93L) only city driving, stop & start which commenced with 21k's on the clock, so the engine still has to loosen up a bit

It's been 2 weeks with the car and I have not had to visit the dealers as yet, which is a first for sometime!

I am not going to try to compare the two cars as they are in two different classes, but all I will say is you can see where the extra $$ go when you compare build quality and fitment, service etc.

I do miss the T but it was the right thing to do. Hopefully when Ford get their :sofa: together and take a great car like the T, put some build quality behind it and take some pride and improve their customer service, I would like to venture back to the fold. We will see what happens when I am ready to turn over the X5

Anyway here are some pics, if you have any questions ask away.

Enjoy :pooh:

post-2822-1118640174_thumb.jpg

post-2822-1118640271_thumb.jpg

post-2822-1118640487_thumb.jpg

post-2822-1118640642_thumb.jpg

post-2822-1118640785_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Bogan Shire
Posted

Nice looking Toorak Tractor ya have there JB!

I saw an X5 4.8is in Ulmarra the other day looked pretty damn tough, had 20's I think and one HOT exhaust note :sofa:

Lumpy :sofa:

So when do you edit this for 800nm?

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 3d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
Nice looking Toorak Tractor ya have there JB!

I saw an X5 4.8is in Ulmarra the other day looked pretty damn tough, had 20's I think and one HOT exhaust note :wub:

Lumpy :pooh:

So when do you edit this for 800nm?

Yeah copped a bit of :sofa: Lumpy but hey it suits my needs and there was nothing else I really liked. Never been a 4wd man and did not want a fully fledged 4wd so I have the clearance and towing capacity I need for my bikes.

A few have already asked when I will be modding it, including my old man who asked how long it would be until I wacked some 21's on it! :pooh: It's got 19's but I did fall in love with some 21's on 7 series.

Need to learn more about deisel engines but apparantly this has direct rail injection which it all the new thing. All I know is that you put the boot in and this thing just takes off, easy left behind a S pack Late model camira the other day (don't ask me how)

Never know what's down the track :sofa:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Albany Creek QLD
Posted

Hey JB nice ride. I will let the Quandt family know that Ford owns BMW. I am sure they will be very surprised.........

D

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Put a BIG turbo on it and drill out the injectors JB, that will give it some go.

I drove my mates black 4.8lt and it hooted.

I hope you enjoy the BMW quality, I think it is worth it.

Happy motoring.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted (edited)
Nice looking Toorak Tractor ya have there JB!

I saw an X5 4.8is in Ulmarra the other day looked pretty damn tough, had 20's I think and one HOT exhaust note :laughing:

Lumpy :stirthepot:

So when do you edit this for 800nm?

Sorry JB, But I HATE URBAN ASSAULT Vehicles.

Does it ever intend to see dirt ?

Personally, I think its time the governments of the day put these things back into their correct class, rather than making exceptions.

When it is all said and done they should be registered and treated as a Light Truck.. which is what they are.....

They have no place on city or suburban roads, the only excuse for them is if they are going to be used as 4WD on the dirt.... and you DON'T use Auto's for 4WDing in the dirt..

Edited by Grass
  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 3d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
Put a BIG turbo on it and drill out the injectors JB, that will give it some go.

I drove my mates black 4.8lt and it hooted.

I hope you enjoy the BMW quality, I think it is worth it.

Happy motoring.

Hey Zap you should hear the bloody thing that's on it now!

It's a clean loud whistle that most T owners would kill for! :stirthepot:

Not forgetting the induction noise when I back off the throttle, with your eyes closed you would never guess you were in a bimmer!

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 10d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
Hey JB nice ride. I will let the Quandt family know that Ford owns BMW. I am sure they will be very surprised.........

D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pimpin' Ride JB, but have to agree with Dallas re: ownership, Ford don't own BMW. One of the last stand-alones, like Toyota.

Guest mercurysteve
  • Guests
Posted

Looks great JB :stirthepot: You must be stoked.

If you have twin exhaust pipes, get some chrome tips for em, looks great on the Black X5's IMO :laughing:

Good looking ride alround mate with build quality to keep you smiling long term also, congrats again :msm:

  • Forum Superhero
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 3d
  • Location: Eastern Suburbs of Mexico
Posted
Nice looking Toorak Tractor ya have there JB!

I saw an X5 4.8is in Ulmarra the other day looked pretty damn tough, had 20's I think and one HOT exhaust note :msm:

Lumpy :stirthepot:

So when do you edit this for 800nm?

Sorry JB, But I HATE URBAN ASSAULT Vehicles.

Does it ever intend to see dirt ?

Personally, I think its time the governments of the day put these things back into their correct class, rather than making exceptions.

When it is all said and done they should be registered and treated as a Light Truck.. which is what they are.....

They have no place on city or suburban roads, the only excuse for them is if they are going to be used as 4WD on the dirt....

Yeah I understand what you are saying, I did to. I went diesel as it is more enviromentally friendly than any petrol car, it's just australians unlike the european countries have not been educated on the benefits of diesel vs petrol.

The distances I am traveling make my contribution to the environmnet alot friendlier than if I was driving the T, and more cost effective.

The car will definately be up bush every fortnight, I am not pretentiuous about it, it will be used up bush tracks etc to get where we need to go for dirkbike racing. Unfortunately I could never comtemplate taking the T anywhere near where I needed to go.

I got it as I did not wat a fully fledged 4WD as some other guys in my dirtbike team have, but I still required some form of 4WD to get where I need to go. This will do it, the only thing I am unsure of is very muddy bogs, but I always have someone to pull me out.

I was up at Dargo last weekend and it got a pretty good workout and performed surprising well considering it's more of a soft 4wd, but it did river crossings and dirt track hill climbs with ease. As you can see I don't give a :laughing: where it goes to me it's a workhorse with comfort built in.

I was also keen on the Territory but, after my last experience with Ford, and the threat of divorce it was crossed off the list.

Whilst I do agree with your point to some extent, it's the mothers and people who drive these things with complete disregard for others on the road as well as not being able to park and drive them correctly that pisses me off.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...