Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 24/05/05 11:05 AM Posted 24/05/05 11:05 AM I aways park far away next to a pole or at the end of the car park where only one car can park next to me and when I park I park as close as I can to the pole and get my kids to get out the other side ...sorry to hear of your dentGee that's exactly what I do. My wife thinks Im crazy, but I havnt had one dint yet. So I;m glad taht Im not the only one who does thisSame. Generally I will go where no one else has parked to protect the car. I'd rather walk a few metres more than have the grief.
cikas Team HgAg Member 616 Member For: 21y 11m Location: Rockingham W.A Posted 24/05/05 11:10 AM Posted 24/05/05 11:10 AM Yeah I remember I had my T for about a month,, when a dominos pizza delivery boy reverse into my car (Parked).... Dammit I realy hate lancers after that little dingWhen I came out this boy was almost crying and was like why did I have to reverse into the most bloody expensive car there..( There was mine and a old boonga )Cracked the lower bumper and smashed the tail light.. ( $890 Damage )It was his first day on the job . So it was off to his daddy to pay for the bill.... 4 Days later T all fixedMy little story on dings cikas
ubyte Member 108 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Posted 24/05/05 11:58 AM Posted 24/05/05 11:58 AM Unfortunately car parks are a sad state of affairs these days. Like most I'd sooner park heaps away and walk a little as necessary.I've come to the conclusion that the only way to 1/2 ensure your car isnt dinged by some mindless is to stay with the car while the other goes into the shop. However when the need arises that you must do solo shopping continuously, buy your own 2nd hand clap trap (like a Hyundai eXcel...) that you only take shopping and leave at the station. Insure it with 3rd party knock-on-insurance and bob's your uncle.I 2 have had that nice egg experience. Was in redfern @ the time. So I wasnt too game to stop and beat the out of the culprit.
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Location: ACT Posted 24/05/05 12:07 PM Posted 24/05/05 12:07 PM I must be very lucky then as the XR6T I sold last month with 59,000ks had been used daily and parked in virtually every carpark in town at some stage.And did not have a single carpark dent. I did spend time driving around to find a space next to a pole to park close to, and give the other mental giants an uphill task just to reach my car with their door.Hopefully I will have the same luck with the current one... *touches wood*
ubyte Member 108 Member For: 23y 1m 2d Posted 24/05/05 12:19 PM Posted 24/05/05 12:19 PM your jinxing urself...
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/05/05 01:02 PM Posted 24/05/05 01:02 PM I must be very lucky then as the XR6T I sold last month with 59,000ks had been used daily and parked in virtually every carpark in town at some stage.And did not have a single carpark dent. I did spend time driving around to find a space next to a pole to park close to, and give the other mental giants an uphill task just to reach my car with their door.Hopefully I will have the same luck with the current one... *touches wood*<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Same here...If I need to go to a car park I take the furthest spot away no matter how inconvenient it is. If I can I park next to a pole, take two spaces, or take the rego details of the cars next to me.Sorry to hear about the ding On the wife driving the car thing, buy a manual. You won't have that problem again
maximum_velocity Lemming No #5 Member 1,991 Member For: 21y 10m 12d Gender: Male Location: Endeavour Hills, Victoria Posted 24/05/05 01:11 PM Posted 24/05/05 01:11 PM hhmmm reminds me I got a car park ding the other day
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 8m 26d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 24/05/05 02:37 PM Posted 24/05/05 02:37 PM hhmmm reminds me I got a car park ding the other day Should be able to buff that one out!
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 25d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 24/05/05 11:17 PM Posted 24/05/05 11:17 PM Yeh, car park dings suck. But trust me, it's much worse when you scratch your own car. While cleaning my car once, I scraped the side of the car with my headlight cover.....oh derrr. And the second one happened last week when I was getting my brand new workbench out of the boot and it scraped the rear bumper. Oh well, ya get over it.
BLK6T Member 305 Member For: 21y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 24/05/05 11:39 PM Posted 24/05/05 11:39 PM Its very painful, I have a ding on one side, a dint in my roof after some little sh!ts decided to throw rocks at my ute and theres the accident when a 4wd with a winch decided to run into my tail gate which was fixed under insurance but its noticable to a panel beater with a slight difference in paint colour. But I must admit you do become numb to chips and small dents.e
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now