Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

I just noticed 2 of my tyres have splits across them and they have only done 6300kms, should I expect 4 new tyres? or just the split ones and wait for the others to split as well?

  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 21d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I think they'll only replace the damaged ones. that's what the Dunlop rep said. I had one that wasn't damaged so the Ford Service guy dug his finger into the tyre and said, "yep, this one is stuffed too". Hehehehe!!!

So I got all 4 replaced.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 15d
Posted

Hi Guys, I had three of my Dunlops split across the tread at 2,400km, I took my ute to my local Goodyear dealer who fitted 4 new Goodyear F1's at no charge to me instead of fitting more Dunlops. They also found one of my front wheels buckled on the inside of the rim, which ford replaced under warranty after I applied a bit of pressure. The F1's are great tyres, but now at 12,000km the 2 on the rear have split the same as the Dunlops. My tyre guy has never heard of F1's doing this, they're going to replace them this week, even after about 10,000km and a few laps around Winton.

Cheers, Steve.

  • still kicking around
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mackay
Posted

same happened to mums xr6, the sidewall split on on trye and we seen ford and they said they could only replace one but we had 20 000kays on the clock and it would throw the balancing out on the tryes so we got four new ones

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

went to the ford dealer today and showed them the tyres, they said they had only seen 1 other set with splitting across the tread, after a quick call to the tyre rep. 2 new tyres fitted under warrenty, no ifs, buts, whatevers. I was suprised and expected a little resistance but all went good. Have to wait for the other 2 to split to get some more :stirthepot:

  • 4 months later...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 16d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Adelaide
Posted

G'day Guys,

Went to rotate my tyres today as the LHF was wearing abit on the outside. Found thes on the Fronts.......... bloody glad that I did as I had planned to drive 4,000km in the next month or so with the whole family in the car. I take it theis is the sidewall splitting you are talking about?? Rears have only minor splits. Oh yeah 27,000kms and 2 years old.

post-493-1134801362_thumb.jpgpost-493-1134801384_thumb.jpg

  • Bionic Bealie
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m
  • Location: Perth West Oz
Posted (edited)

Why is this happening?

Has the problem been rectified?

For instance I have an October '05 build MkII - should I be expecting this same problem and be on the look out for it?

Looks like a potential fatal thing to find out about by way of a blow out on the Freeway at 100 km/h ......

Edited by Rik_Biel
Posted
G'day Guys,

Went to rotate my tyres today as the LHF was wearing abit on the outside. Found thes on the Fronts.......... bloody glad that I did as I had planned to drive 4,000km in the next month or so with the whole family in the car. I take it theis is the sidewall splitting you are talking about?? Rears have only minor splits. Oh yeah 27,000kms and 2 years old.

post-493-1134801362_thumb.jpgpost-493-1134801384_thumb.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would be mounting those on the dealers head :tease::spit::sus:

vik...and get a new set

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Well, well, well - boy am I glad I am a member

I have atleast two tyres with these funny marks across the tread.

I thought I had run over a piece of metalic scrapnel or something.

Car goes back to Ford on Tuesday for tailshaft balanec and I will be looking for some new tyres.

Done only 17,000 klms and I'm a little concerned :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 21d
Posted

I have a friend that had 3 buckeld wheels on an xr6 ute and because she lives out of town and on 7kms of dirt road Gregorys Ford Canberra told her she cant claim warranty because of the driving conditions. she then rang ford and they said it was up to the dealers descretian to wheather or not it is a warranty ishue. she purchased the car from them and they new she was from out of town and that the car was going to be driven on dirt roads but they still sold her the car . to say the driving conditions are outside the warranty conditoins is bull !!!!!!!!so does this mean that ford should not sell xr's to anyone that will be driving on dirt roads as the wheels arn't up to it ????????? your call

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...