Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 23d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted
tyer:

\Ty"er\, n. One who ties, or unites. [R.]

coutesy dictionary.com  :laughing:

:spoton:

  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 13d
  • Location: Brisbane (Parkinson)
Posted

I have just gonr through all this and ended up with a Sumitomo HTR-Z2 in the 245/45 ZR18. Sumitomo are actually the company that make Dunlop tyres, (so I am told). Very similar tread pattern to SP9000's, and so far handle exceptionally well in both wet and dry. And a hell of lot quieter than the Dunlops. they were $320 each. Not too bad I thought.

Mick

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m
  • Location: Inglewood, W.A
Posted
I have just gonr through all this and ended up with a Sumitomo HTR-Z2 in the 245/45 ZR18. Sumitomo are actually the company that make Dunlop tyres, (so I am told). Very similar tread pattern to SP9000's, and so far handle exceptionally well in both wet and dry. And a hell of lot quieter than the Dunlops. they were $320 each. Not too bad I thought.

Mick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey that's the same tyres I am fitting tommorrow in my car...and have been told the same story. I am getting them for $310 a corner.

  • Seriously Flukey Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 6m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
What the hell is a tyer ?? :crybaby:

tyer:

\Ty"er\, n. One who ties, or unites. [R.]

coutesy dictionary.com :spoton:

The Wheels mag placed the 235/45R17s in the following order....

Goodyear Eagle Revspec RS02 - 99.2/100

Michelin Pilot Preceda - 98.9/100

Maxxis Victra MA21 - 98.7/100

Bridgestone Potenza S-03 98.6/100

Toyo Proxes T1R - 97.6/100

Yokohama AVS Sport V-102A 96.9/100

BF Goodrich G-Force Sport 95.9/100

Dunlop Direzza DZ101 94.9/100

Kumho Ecsta KU19 94.3/100

They did not test the Falken FK451's which I am looking at... :blink:

IMO they also missed two other important factors, namely wear and cost.

I now have the Maxxis on my car in 18". Better riding than the Dunlop and quieter too which is nice. They struggle for traction though :msm:

  • Crusty aviator
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: ACT
Posted

Go with the Cro! Precedas are heaps quieter, better wear and roadholding but slightly more expensive at $280 (235/45/17) in Canberra - they apparently give better wet and cold performance than the more expensive 'sports' too.

Dingah

  • Weird Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 28d
  • Location: ACT
Posted

Pirelli P Zero Nero's.

Highly recomended, you don't even notice if its raining. :tease:

Excellent in the wet....and of course quieter than the dunlops.. :tease:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 1d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Yep, Pirelli P Zero Nero's 17s.

Much quieter than OE and the improvement was immediate, although have to admit am waiting to see longevity as Dunlops lasted 42,000.

Wet or dry, very happy with them. Quoted about $280 but fitted to leased car so not exactly sure on final cost, they reckon the RRP is about $360.

Y speed rated = 300kph (Not that that's all that useful, but piece of mind)

97 load rated = 730kg (also piece of mind)

Treadwear = 220

Traction = AA

Temperature = A

Not too sure on the last 3 but figure AA for traction has to be good, and 220 I think is a little down on the Dunlops, so maybe they won't last as long???

  • I see red
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 14d
  • Location: nowhere in particular
Posted
not to take over the thread but im just curious as well what do you guys think if nankang tyres im lookin at buying 20inch rims and tyres from tempe tyres and there the ones that come with the package 235/35/20 for the front and 255/35/20 for the rear... Are these tyres any good or are they some cheap crap???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've got 19" Nankangs and they are OK. A good all rounder, fairly good grip and excellent wear. Good value for money I say.

You may need to get your front suspension modified to fit 20s.

Also make sure you get all the appropriate wheelnuts, spacers, centre caps and any other stuff you might need. Tempe are good at "forgetting" minor details like this. :blush: Best to go there in person rather than mail/phone/internet order.

  • Flower Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
Yep, Pirelli P Zero Nero's 17s.

Treadwear = 220

Traction = AA

Temperature = A

Not too sure on the last 3 but figure AA for traction has to be good, and 220 I think is a little down on the Dunlops, so maybe they won't last as long???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spot on there, the lower the treadwear rating the softer the compound and the quicker it wears.

They are some decent figures too. The Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's (best road tyre in the world) have those figures and I'll be getting a set next year when I pick up my Phoon :D

So I'll be interested to hear how long your tyres have lasted you (considering they have the same ratings).

AA Traction is the highest you can get, and all "performance tyres" no matter how crap they might be have an A Temp rating.

  • Logsie
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 19d
  • Location: Queensland (Brisbane)
Posted
I eventually got Toyo T1R's Fitted :pinch:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So how do you find them so far? And what sort of money were they if you dont mind me asking?

Shane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Excellent got them for $260 each from tyre power no one could match it .

Read a few reviews and found the T1s was not as good as the Eagle F1's but the T1r's are equal in the dry and a better in the wet against aqua-planning which we need on our sh*t new roads!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...