curly Member 3 Member For: 23y 1m 1d Posted 25/03/05 03:40 AM Posted 25/03/05 03:40 AM I,m just about to put new tyers on the T .who recomends what ?
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/03/05 03:54 AM Posted 25/03/05 03:54 AM 17" or 18"?
Miyagi fordxr5turbodotcom Member 892 Member For: 22y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Point Cook, Vic Posted 25/03/05 05:36 AM Posted 25/03/05 05:36 AM avoid falkens...
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/03/05 06:02 AM Posted 25/03/05 06:02 AM If you have the 17's go the Michelin Pilot Preceda's.They have double the traction rating (AA traction rating compared to A on the dunlops) (fact) of the standard Dunlop SP3000A's that came with your car. They also have the same tread wear rating as the dunlops so they will last just as long.A lot of members have them on their cards all with positive results. I can't wait to get rid of the dunlops on the rear of my car so I can have them all round.They are a lot quieter than the dunlops also.
ColinT Legacy Donating Member 372 Member For: 21y 8m Posted 25/03/05 10:10 AM Posted 25/03/05 10:10 AM Hi curly, How many klm's have you had from the original Dunlops. I can't see any wear on mine at 20,000 klm.Colin
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 25/03/05 10:25 AM Posted 25/03/05 10:25 AM have to agree with the falkens not being too good, just recently priced the michelin pilot sport in 18's and they are very expensive but theyre supposed to be one of the bestShane
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/03/05 11:27 AM Posted 25/03/05 11:27 AM have to agree with the falkens not being too good, just recently priced the michelin pilot sport in 18's and they are very expensive but theyre supposed to be one of the bestShane<{POST_SNAPBACK}>They are!! Although now they've been renamed to Michelin Pilot Premacy's.$640 a tyre for 17"!!
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 25/03/05 11:35 AM Posted 25/03/05 11:35 AM have to agree with the falkens not being too good, just recently priced the michelin pilot sport in 18's and they are very expensive but theyre supposed to be one of the bestShane<{POST_SNAPBACK}>They are!! Although now they've been renamed to Michelin Pilot Premacy's.$640 a tyre for 17"!! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The guy I spoke to on the phone asked if I was sitting down when he gave me the prices....235-40-18 $639 a pop and 265-35-18 $769 Only tried one place so farShane
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/03/05 11:38 AM Posted 25/03/05 11:38 AM have to agree with the falkens not being too good, just recently priced the michelin pilot sport in 18's and they are very expensive but theyre supposed to be one of the bestShane<{POST_SNAPBACK}>They are!! Although now they've been renamed to Michelin Pilot Premacy's.$640 a tyre for 17"!! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The guy I spoke to on the phone asked if I was sitting down when he gave me the prices....235-40-18 $639 a pop and 265-35-18 $769 Only tried one place so farShane<{POST_SNAPBACK}>See if you can find a place that can get the Michelin Pilot Preceda's in your size. I know they make them in 235/40/18 but are very rare. They are not as good as the Sports/Premacy's but they are a hell of a lot better than the standard dunlop sp3000/9000's.I was going to upgrade to the sports/premacy when I needed tyres again, but at $640 I don't think so..hehe
Logsie Logsie Member 336 Member For: 21y 6m 19d Location: Queensland (Brisbane) Posted 25/03/05 12:32 PM Posted 25/03/05 12:32 PM I have Falkens on the rears came with car A great tyre I have been told is the Eagle F1's they are $300 each at buearepairs!Going to get some fitted hopefuly before august What is wrong with the Falkens?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now