Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 16/03/05 09:50 AM Posted 16/03/05 09:50 AM I recently listed my XR6T on eBay and received the following email from one of the unsuccessfull bidders regarding someone that emailed him offering to sell him my car!Dear falchoon,I was offered a second chance deal to buy your car from [email protected] who I am assuming is not you. he offerd to sell the car if I made a deposit into a third party bank account square trade.He offered it to me at 25100 which was my bid. I just thought I'd let you know that these type of people are around trying to scam people
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 16/03/05 09:58 AM Posted 16/03/05 09:58 AM I'm glad no one fell for it. There was a GT on there the other day for $6500. That was reported quick smart. It would seem that ebay is becoming less and less trust worthy.
vuster Member 112 Member For: 21y 10m 27d Location: Melbourne Posted 16/03/05 10:35 PM Posted 16/03/05 10:35 PM It's silly that anyone would even consider buying a car over the internet. At least go have a look at the car in person to see if it exists.If it's so cheap then there must be a catch somewhere.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/03/05 10:53 PM Posted 16/03/05 10:53 PM I sold a phone on eBay a few weeks ago. I got 5 emails from scammers who wanted to buy the phone before the auction ended. They were always going to pay Western Union, lived in USA and wanted the phone shipped to Nigeria.I knew they were scammers and told them to F...off...I hate bottom feeding scum.I ended up selling to a nice guy in Townsville.eBay is a good service, but it is being ruined by these scum, just be careful and never buy anything without checking out the feedback and ensuring they are reputable sellers.
Guest Senator Guests Posted 16/03/05 10:56 PM Posted 16/03/05 10:56 PM Buying and selling stuff on ebay is madness. Because of the good deals you can get which attracts the crooks from all over the world and what can be done about it.......nothing ppl.
mattyc Member 141 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Posted 17/03/05 12:27 AM Posted 17/03/05 12:27 AM hey, friends of mine and myself buy and sell HEAPS of stuff on ebay.Never had any ripp-offs or sold to dodgy people.Just my 2c worth.
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 17/03/05 03:24 AM Posted 17/03/05 03:24 AM I had the same thing with a vase on Ebay.It didn't reach the reserve and all of a sudden I got the unsucessful highest bidder emailing me, agaitated cos I wasn't going to take $2000 for the bloody thing...The email they forwarded to me was from somewhere like Chezchoslovakia. They reported ME to Ebay, not the scammer Just goes to sho, they'll scam almost anything!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now