Guest HORNXR Guests Posted 10/04/03 07:38 AM Posted 10/04/03 07:38 AM For funks sakeI can get Ford employee discount. My trade in is the problem ,.... I have a 91 Cressida 24v MPFI straight 6in burgundy metalic skin, GLX and velour trim with all electric options and alloys with 176k on the clock , which aint too bad for a 12 yr old carthey wanna give me 4 grand 4 it against a XR6 TurboAre they on funking drugs or what ?A guy at the pub tonight offered me 7k for it.. so its gotta be worth more than that ,... I take it they want me to buy an SV8......... where they will give me a better deal on a SV8and they have 4 grand off the ticket price and give me 8 grand for my trade in.what the funk is going on hereMongrellDamn you dealers ,... I want a FORD !
tongueboy Member 457 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Gender: Male Location: Tamworth, Armidale NSW Posted 10/04/03 09:08 AM Posted 10/04/03 09:08 AM For funks sakeI can get Ford employee discount. My trade in is the problem ,.... I have a 91 Cressida 24v MPFI straight 6in burgundy metalic skin, GLX and velour trim with all electric options and alloys with 176k on the clock , which aint too bad for a 12 yr old carthey wanna give me 4 grand 4 it against a XR6 TurboAre they on funking drugs or what ?A guy at the pub tonight offered me 7k for it.. so its gotta be worth more than that ,... I take it they want me to buy an SV8......... where they will give me a better deal on a SV8and they have 4 grand off the ticket price and give me 8 grand for my trade in.what the funk is going on hereMongrellDamn you dealers ,... I want a FORD ! Mate you are going well to get 4 for it , sell the thing privatly especially if you have some one with 7 to buy. that's as good as you will get!
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 17d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 10/04/03 09:14 AM Posted 10/04/03 09:14 AM Redbook says trade in price of $4700 to $6100. Private sale price up to $8100.
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 16d Posted 10/04/03 10:13 AM Posted 10/04/03 10:13 AM Trade ins are rips! They offered me $17 000 dollars for my AU XR6VCT with 76 000km, I later sold it for $25 250 even though I spent about $15 000 on mods<------wont be doing this in a hurry with the BA, lose SO much money.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 10m 27d Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 10/04/03 11:07 AM Posted 10/04/03 11:07 AM Negotiate the best trade in you can with a dealer with the intention of selling the car privately. Let the dealer know you will try and sell it privately and that if you do you will pay them the agreed trade in value when you pick the T up. That way you are covered if you are unable to sell the car before your turbo arrives.l think 4 grand is ok.
Rodderz Member 92 Member For: 23y 11m 16d Posted 10/04/03 11:28 AM Posted 10/04/03 11:28 AM Sounds about right there. Totally unfair to the person trading the vehicle in, but when roles are reversed you have got to think can they sell the vehicle?A ford dealer wouldnt sell it on their lot, they would wholesale it off to a 2nd hand caryard most likely, who would prob buy it for $5000 then put $8990 on it. Unfortunately, even if the car is in good nick it wont hold a good price because of the newer cars on the roads these days.How would you feel if you spent $90,000 large on a lexus LS-400 10 yrs old mint condition only to trade it in for $20,000.Happened last week.....
Guest HORNXR Guests Posted 10/04/03 11:39 AM Posted 10/04/03 11:39 AM I polished the car today with wetlook polish , dunno the brand off by heart , but anywhoo, it came up mint !Man I never seen the metalic sperkle b4, .. hehe and the alloys came up a treat ..... (havent washed it in 5 months ,,.. lol), damn that car looks sweet.. for 4 grand,.. and it fly's too, .. just quietly ,.. I need to get a bigger car for my son who is 3 and is disabled and cant fit his chair in the Cressida, maybe some of the sponsors could help here ,.......
Charliewool Member 375 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Location: Melbourne Posted 10/04/03 11:58 AM Posted 10/04/03 11:58 AM I polished the car today with wetlook polish , dunno the brand off by heart , but anywhoo, it came up mint !Man I never seen the metalic sperkle b4, .. hehe and the alloys came up a treat ..... (havent washed it in 5 months ,,.. lol), damn that car looks sweet.. for 4 grand,.. and it fly's too, .. just quietly ,.. I need to get a bigger car for my son who is 3 and is disabled and cant fit his chair in the Cressida, maybe some of the sponsors could help here ,....... Mate, ...Polish it...Ming the seats, Armourall the dash, Black the tyres.. ( SUPERCHARGE it!)... You WON'T get anymore! You ARE bound to cop low, LOW tradein prices! Have a look what's around 2nd hand?... The arse fell outta the used car market once the $13..$16k Korean sh*t lobbed!...OK, Sell private!.. Roadworthy, etc......Who needs the hassle? .I'm NOT being negative here... It IS fact!
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 2d Location: Toowoomba Posted 10/04/03 12:07 PM Posted 10/04/03 12:07 PM I got $14,000 for my 1999 pulsar SSS with 120k on it. Was spot on the mark I was expecting for trade. It also has a fair fey shopping centre dints in the doors (22 in total) from careless F-wits. I was happy with this.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now