Xr6 T Auto Break Pedal Height?

bdennis

• Brendan Dennis
  • Member For: 21y 6m 22d

Guys,

Have any of you XR6T owners with SSS noticed the height difference between the break and the accelerator "GO" pedals. It would be nice to be able to have them at the same height. (No I do not have the adjustable pedal option) Anyone got any ideas how to adjust one of them??? - Harasn??

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 27d

I seem to remember when I was mucking around under the dash of my son's ute that the accelerator "block" is mounted to the side scuttle so possibly you could move the mounting position rearwards (?) to put it in a similar plane to the brake pedal. Remember that for a manual you ideally want the accelerator pedal aligned with the brake pedal when the brake pedal is in the depressed (actuating) position, not at it's standard non-working height.

bdennis> I don't know why it would make much difference with the auto - I still use both feet when driving an auto so the heights don't make much difference to me - s'pose you just get used to them wherever they are placed.

I did miss the left foot rest on long trips, and the little pad that is supposed to be somewhat of a footrest is rather useless - the left leg gets an ache from being twisted after a few hundred kms.

• Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 10d

Sorry guys I'm not sure if you can move the pedals on a non adjustable pedal box but will go to work next week and have a look. I doubt it but! you will get used to the spacing! When the AU and then Ba's came to the proving ground, all the drivers had trouble with their work boots hitting the kick panel and the brake pedal. now we dont have that problem. you learn to live with it.

• Brendan Dennis
  • Member For: 21y 6m 22d

Guys,

Thanks for that. I tend to drive with the right foot only. You are right re getting used to it.

Re the foot rest issue. I have found that over the last few days that when cruse control is on, driving on the hwy that you can actualy rest the right foot on the accelerator (as it returns to the full up position when you take your foot off) and let the c/cont. do the work (let the return spring on the pedal hold your foot.)

In the old AU, if the c/cont was on then the accel pedal was still at the setting you left it when the c/cont was engaged. (due to the cable not fly by wire)

I would prefer the larger AU foot rest on the left though.. :unsure:

Any info would be handy Harasn.. :innocent: