Gary Crawley Member 313 Member For: 21y 8m 9d Location: Southern Highlands Posted 24/02/05 05:51 AM Posted 24/02/05 05:51 AM HiI need a little bit of advice, if I get my car (black XR6-T) by Easter I will be taking it to Coffs Harbour for a short holiday. (via Pacific Hwy)My question is? Is it worth purchasing a Car-Bra to protect the car or are they over-rated.Any feed back would be appreciated thanks.RegardsCreepy
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/02/05 05:53 AM Posted 24/02/05 05:53 AM I bought one when I first got my last XR.Put it on to make sure it fits, and so I knew how (never left the garage)Took it off and sold it 3 months later Having said that, I do a lot of hwy km's, and the front of my car looks like it's been sand blasted.Just CBF'ed putting it on every second day :(
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 7m Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 24/02/05 05:58 AM Posted 24/02/05 05:58 AM I bought one when I first got my last XR.Put it on to make sure it fits, and so I knew how (never left the garage)Took it off and sold it 3 months later Having said that, I do a lot of hwy km's, and the front of my car looks like it's been sand blasted.Just CBF'ed putting it on every second day :(<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wouldn't it rub on the gaurds Cro.............l've heard some bad reports from Car Bras.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/02/05 06:00 AM Posted 24/02/05 06:00 AM I bought one when I first got my last XR.Put it on to make sure it fits, and so I knew how (never left the garage)Took it off and sold it 3 months later Having said that, I do a lot of hwy km's, and the front of my car looks like it's been sand blasted.Just CBF'ed putting it on every second day :(<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wouldn't it rub on the gaurds Cro.............l've heard some bad reports from Car Bras.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well you need to make sure you have a good one (I got mine from carbra.com.au), make sure it's on tight too.The bloke I sold it to didn't have any issues, and I've seen a couple blokes put em on for cruises with no worries. Except when they get home and have to clean the bugs off it Not for me though.
poida97 Member 124 Member For: 22y 7m 10d Location: Bossley Park, NSW Posted 24/02/05 06:03 AM Posted 24/02/05 06:03 AM I used one on a trip from Sydney to Adelaide and back- never again. The bumper looks like it's been rubbed just underneath the headlights. The headlight covers were also rubbed by the movement of the bra.But it's your choice...A.
Henry Member 180 Member For: 23y 8m 4d Gender: Not Telling Posted 24/02/05 06:09 AM Posted 24/02/05 06:09 AM Try a product similar to Polaris Stonegard. Its practically invisible!!
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 24/02/05 10:23 AM Posted 24/02/05 10:23 AM In my experience, Car-Bras are fine, so long as you can be bothered taking it on and off. Also, you need to make sure your car is clean or it will rub your paint and leave marks. I rememebr when I first got my XR and this same question was raised. Someone said they'd rather pay the money to have their car resprayed to repair the stonechips than fork out the 3 or 4 hundred bucks for a car bra. I did that, and I just got my car back today from the smash repairs for a front end respray, and the car is good as new. Plus, got the front guards rolled so the tyres won't catch them anymore
<XR6T> Member 37 Member For: 21y 8m 3d Posted 24/02/05 11:57 AM Posted 24/02/05 11:57 AM I have had car bras on 3 different vehicles and find them to be the best thing. If they are fitted correctly and fit tight they wont do any damage. I have done 1600k trips in the middle of rain and roadworks and it didnt leave any marks. Well worth the money
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/02/05 12:14 PM Posted 24/02/05 12:14 PM to the forum XR6T
bs888 Member 207 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Location: Canberra Posted 24/02/05 08:19 PM Posted 24/02/05 08:19 PM I bought one for my XR8 and used it twice for trips from Canberra to Rockhampton, First trip no problems but the second trip resulted in some rub marks on top of the right guard that were still there when I sold it. (no body else ever spotted it but I knew it was there so it annoyed out of me.We recently did the same trip in the XR6t (black) with the same Carbra on and had no problems at all, I guess it all comes down to how much attention you put into making sure it is fitted correctly,Bazza.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now