Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 11m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney NSW
Posted

Hi guys,

I drive a turbo ute (the one that was hit by the 4wd) and a guy at my work has the turbo sedan. After driving both I find a big difference between the turbos. For example his sounds like rushing air and it comes on alot harder where as mine sounds more like a high pitched spinning sound and not as aggressive. Now im auto and hes manual if this makes a big difference. But its got me wondering why does mine not sound the same or perform the same??? I have driven a Turbo auto sedan and it drove like my mates with a rushing air noise and more aggressive. Is it just the utes or mine only?????

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

It wouldnt be because its a ute, after all the engine and trans are the same. I would just put it down to the variances between cars due to being mass produced. It's not impossible that your ute has a minor issue somewhere either I guess.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

The aerodynamics could possibly have a fair bit to do with what induction noise you can hear in the cabin.

As far as the performance I would say it’s mostly just perception as the sedans seem to “sit back” a bit further under acceleration where as the utes seem to stay closer to the horizontal. One thing that I have noticed on cruises, although based purely on perception of the naked eye through the rear vision mirror, is that the front of the utes are lower to the road. I assume this is due to the leaf sprung suspension rather than the IRS on sedans.

Trent.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 4d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted (edited)

Maybe it's because UTE's look way cooler than the sedan?

Just a thought.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by 1ute
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

I have a ute and the brother in law has a sedan.. we have the same mods and the cars seem to perform very much alike :spoton: the exhaust mods, although the same, do sound different

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 16d
  • Location: Birkdale
Posted

My ute is a manual - and goose always tells me my you can hear my turbo spooling over everything else!

The utes look lower at the fron trent because the rear leafs make the back sit much higher than the sedans, in other words the utes have a steeper horizontal plane caompared to the flatter sedan.

I just lowered my ute on superlows and it is super flat! I had to tilt my seat forward a bit to feel the same as it did stock! Also the leaf springs are much stiffer and heavy duty compared to the IRS in the sedan, remember it is also carrying 200kg more and it siuts a fair bit higher, so don't expect the ute to lean back when you gun it.

I think the longer wheel base makes then feel baulkier than the sedans too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...