bs888 Member 207 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Location: Canberra Posted 10/02/05 09:35 AM Posted 10/02/05 09:35 AM bs888, How do the LH pipes fit. Does the rear bumber have to be modified and then resprayed?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>The rear skirt has to be cut but my dealer has a template which makes it very easy, No paintwork is needed and only fussy buggers like me can pick it without knowing where to look.Take a drive to Thomastown or at least give them a phone call, you wont regret it!
stardust Member 537 Member For: 22y 2m 18d Location: Brisbane Posted 10/02/05 09:38 AM Posted 10/02/05 09:38 AM Where can you find out about their exhaust products - can't find a web-site?Click here and all will be revealedKen
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 10/02/05 09:39 AM Posted 10/02/05 09:39 AM Difillipo makes a much better system infact im pretty sure the herrod system is made by difillipoDifillipo also makes a few different sizes<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have seen a Difillipo system and wasn't too impressed.....it was a shocker
bs888 Member 207 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Location: Canberra Posted 10/02/05 09:57 AM Posted 10/02/05 09:57 AM Difillipo makes a much better system infact im pretty sure the herrod system is made by difillipoDifillipo also makes a few different sizes<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't think they have made the Herrod stuff for some time now!!Not that it really matters to me, I have a lot of faith in what Rob say's and sells!I'm sure it's possible to get equivalent quality from others but as far as I'm concerned " Better the devil you know".When my first BA was getting it's Headers fitted at Northgate Dr Thomastown I had the pleasure/honour of spending an hour or so with "Pop" Herrod, (RIP mate!!!) In that time I came to realise just how commited Rob is to the Blue Oval!! It's people like me who benefit from Rob's passion for Ford performance and I know first hand that no matter how small any problem might be in the scheme of things if it is a Herrod product it will be put 100% right.I know that some will disagree with me! I don't really care! The guy is a legend as far as I'm concerned.Bazza.
Guest DEVO Guests Posted 10/02/05 12:00 PM Posted 10/02/05 12:00 PM Seeing these pics just makes me regret my decision even more I was all set to run a twin pipe system on my XT when the budget tightened and the desire for a nicer tip won out. So instead of the twin pipes and mild steel oval tips I was going to get, I opted for one outlet with a twin stainless tip. I have seen a couple of cars done now, from standard XTs like mine, to XR6, XR6T and XR8s and they look awesome.Kicking myself harder now...
Guest DEVO Guests Posted 10/02/05 12:03 PM Posted 10/02/05 12:03 PM About the towbar thing- it could also depend on the capacity of the towbar- I think, but don't quote me as the ultimate source on this, that the lighter capacity might mount differently. I know that there was no problem in the leadup when I was talking about the twin system and I have a towbar fitted to my car. Got mine done by Rob Bliss in Geebung.
xr8888 Member 39 Member For: 21y 11m 17d Posted 10/02/05 10:50 PM Posted 10/02/05 10:50 PM Difillipo makes a much better system infact im pretty sure the herrod system is made by difillipoDifillipo also makes a few different sizes<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have seen a Difillipo system and wasn't too impressed.....it was a shocker <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What didn't you like about it? The look, the sound or the performance?
xr8888 Member 39 Member For: 21y 11m 17d Posted 10/02/05 10:53 PM Posted 10/02/05 10:53 PM Seeing these pics just makes me regret my decision even more I was all set to run a twin pipe system on my XT when the budget tightened and the desire for a nicer tip won out. So instead of the twin pipes and mild steel oval tips I was going to get, I opted for one outlet with a twin stainless tip. I have seen a couple of cars done now, from standard XTs like mine, to XR6, XR6T and XR8s and they look awesome.Kicking myself harder now...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is a DiFillipo system for an XR8
xr8888 Member 39 Member For: 21y 11m 17d Posted 10/02/05 10:54 PM Posted 10/02/05 10:54 PM Seeing these pics just makes me regret my decision even more I was all set to run a twin pipe system on my XT when the budget tightened and the desire for a nicer tip won out. So instead of the twin pipes and mild steel oval tips I was going to get, I opted for one outlet with a twin stainless tip. I have seen a couple of cars done now, from standard XTs like mine, to XR6, XR6T and XR8s and they look awesome.Kicking myself harder now...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>This is a DiFillipo system for an XR8
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 11/02/05 05:28 AM Posted 11/02/05 05:28 AM Difillipo makes a much better system infact im pretty sure the herrod system is made by difillipoDifillipo also makes a few different sizes<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have seen a Difillipo system and wasn't too impressed.....it was a shocker <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What didn't you like about it? The look, the sound or the performance?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>The way it was welded, looked like a 2 yr old had done the job, all the slag from welding inside it was grouped together..........to me that will cause alot of restriction, very poor workmanship from them
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now