A I R Meet 19th Feb

XR6_ED

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 4d
After seeing what it was like last night I think I have to enter this time. Looks like too much fun. Plus we need a Lightning Strike car that can hopefully run faster than 14.5!

Yeah...........errrrrrrr thanks Max.Silver Slug goes to MT's on Thursday for 15000k service and to have the clutch inspected/fixed .

• HEINRICH PERFORMANCE AND TUNING
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 19d
So in other words we are looking at a 13 second pass with a decent clutch? Whats a stocker meant to run? Between 14.9 and 14.4?

pretty well sums it up :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 9m 4d
So in other words we are looking at a 13 second pass with a decent clutch? Whats a stocker meant to run? Between 14.9 and 14.4?

Hope so Max,nothing more embarrassing than lighting up the clutch in front of a big crowd,losing drive,getting pushed off the track and then towed home. :crybaby: Pretty hard to explain to the dealer too.should do a high 13 with a decent launch but knowing your clutch has slipped before makes it pretty difficult........and the smell;stays in the car for ages. :blush: It'll get the full serve when the clutch is fixed.

• Want E46 M3
  • Member For: 21y 3m 26d

Speaking of embarrasing oneself, today I tried some launching. What is the best way to go? TC on or off!? With it on it seemed to be a smooth take off from about 1900RPM with minimal TC activation. I then tried switching it off and again launched at 1900ish RPM but the bas*ard just squealed both tyres and began sliding sideways.. Much to the disgust of the elderly neighbourhood.. I looked like a stooge..

Seems at any RPM above about 1400 it will spin the tyres for a good 1 - 2 seconds. Surely this is wasting time? Would the track offer more grip thus eliminating this problem?

• Member For: 21y 1m 13d
Seems at any RPM above about 1400 it will spin the tyres for a good 1 - 2 seconds. Surely this is wasting time? Would the track offer more grip thus eliminating this problem?

It has plenty of grip..Much more than the average suburban street