Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 13d
Posted
Mickq,

I like your idea, having driven a evo6 rally car for a short time, I noticed the pull from a standing start and also gear changes with AntiLag. 

My only fear is the damage to the exhaust manifold and turbo impeller blades.  If you were to use it for only a few seconds (<10) I would think it would be fine, except I am sure Ford have build some type of anti fun device that will limp the motor if it detects boost at idle :glad:

May be dw can give us a better idea on what the EMS can do standard :innocent:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hehe....Anti Fun Device. I have no doubt my car has many AFD's! At least one of them can be turned off at will. (TC).

Im looking forward to using the CAPA Edit program to remove some of them.

I dont think the impeller blades should be too harmed. The reason I come to this conlcusion is twofold:

1) As you say, the system wouldnt be used too much. A very small % of the time.

2) Even when used (especially at takeoff) I dont think the heat and force on the blades would even be as much as they would cope with at full revs and full load on a standard car. What I would effectively like to have happen is that the same boost that I have at 3000-3500rpm is available at idle and above - on takeoff. The heat load on the blades neednt be any more than standard 3000-3500rpm really. They might be under higher acceleration loads though.

Exhaust manifold could well be a victim if you use the system a lot. I would look at replacing it with a stronger (more heat tolerent) item if I was going to introduce this kind of system. That wouldnt necessarily be that expensive. On some of my old cars I have had custom made headers done for under $400. Its a matter of working out what materials are needed to cope with any extra heat, and then getting someone who makes headers to make some in that material. (Hopefully someone used to making XR6T headers so the shape etc is easy for them).

  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...