jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 4m 2d Posted 16/12/04 02:26 PM Posted 16/12/04 02:26 PM kw and $$ aside, who started it and who finished it ......that's the important thing :banghead2:
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 16d Location: Toowoomba Posted 16/12/04 02:53 PM Posted 16/12/04 02:53 PM Werd. Dazza.
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 19d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 21/12/04 05:38 AM Posted 21/12/04 05:38 AM still not bad 4 a 4lt destroying a 6lt top end, I need phase3 now! ..Well actually you have a 4 litre motor with a turbo, so effectively you have a 6.8 litre motor if you go by motorsport rulings (effective capacity of turbo motor is 1.7x nominal capacity), just thought I'd point it out.That may be true. But I wouldn't know. What I want to know is, which car used the most fuel at the time I'm betting the V8 did.
rusht Member 198 Member For: 22y 3m 10d Posted 21/12/04 08:26 AM Posted 21/12/04 08:26 AM still not bad 4 a 4lt destroying a 6lt top end, I need phase3 now! ..Well actually you have a 4 litre motor with a turbo, so effectively you have a 6.8 litre motor if you go by motorsport rulings (effective capacity of turbo motor is 1.7x nominal capacity), just thought I'd point it out.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Isn't the expected power increase from turbo or supercharger normally about 50%? The T is only a 29% increase :o
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 16d Location: Toowoomba Posted 21/12/04 08:31 AM Posted 21/12/04 08:31 AM still not bad 4 a 4lt destroying a 6lt top end, I need phase3 now! ..Well actually you have a 4 litre motor with a turbo, so effectively you have a 6.8 litre motor if you go by motorsport rulings (effective capacity of turbo motor is 1.7x nominal capacity), just thought I'd point it out.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Wouldnt that also be dependant on what boost levels you are running.Dazza.
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 22d Location: Birkdale Posted 21/12/04 09:13 AM Posted 21/12/04 09:13 AM Who cares apples with apples balh blah, they are both muscle cars and another $70,000 HSV got its arse handed to it by a six. Good work, there are many more that will get the same treatment.
vassa Member 30 Member For: 22y 2m 25d Posted 24/12/04 03:59 AM Posted 24/12/04 03:59 AM ofcorse the T's gonna win. its modded where the HSV is just stock. I dont rekon its anything to brag about. its jus like an edited LS1 dragging a stock T....u kno the LS1 will win so its not a major accomplishment
eatV8 Artificially Aspirated Member 951 Member For: 22y 9m Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 24/12/04 06:47 AM Posted 24/12/04 06:47 AM ofcorse the T's gonna win. its modded where the HSV is just stock. I dont rekon its anything to brag about. its jus like an edited LS1 dragging a stock T....u kno the LS1 will win so its not a major accomplishment<{POST_SNAPBACK}>BINGO!Remember guys a GOOD car doesn't need to be defended. It's reputation will defend itself. Why can't any respect other makes? Always has to be a cock fight or pissing contest whenever competition is mensioned... Really it's pathetic.
FPV 521 FPV521 Member 989 Member For: 22y 1m 6d Gender: Male Posted 24/12/04 07:53 AM Posted 24/12/04 07:53 AM as long as you beat him that's all we care about. fcuking holdens <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree
mickq Member 740 Member For: 23y 5m 19d Posted 24/12/04 07:57 AM Posted 24/12/04 07:57 AM (edited) Should have shifted back into 3rd and made him look really bad, and wonder where his $80,000 went. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree. It was silly to have taken him on in 4th. 3rd is good up to about 160 (in the T5 manual), and from 100kmh its THE perfect gear to be in for max acceleration. He was, after all, engaging in an acceleration test. So he should accelerate as best he can - or not take part.If he had been whipped instead of won, he would have looked like a dick as he didnt make his car give its best, and dirtied the name of XR6T's giving some Expensive Daewoo guy a story to brag about merely because the T was in the wrong gear due to the drivers error of judgement...Imagine pulling up after getting whipped "sorry mate, you only beat me because I was in 4th instead of 3rd. Ford XR6T rules.". Lame.Next time, if you are defending the blue oval, GIVE IT YOUR BEST.I hope that Phase 2 isnt making you lazy. If it is, hand it over to me...I wont suffer the same affliction!You were lucky this time.... Edited 24/12/04 07:59 AM by mickq
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now