sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 13/12/04 04:37 AM Posted 13/12/04 04:37 AM The loop I like is from the Daly river road through to Adelaide river, heaps of twisty bits with lovely cambers laid into the roads, best enjoyed with traction control OFF. The road winds up into some hills with heaps of stream crossings and bridges. Scenery is great and is best enjoyed in the wet season (this also means there aren't many tourists out and about..) When you get to Adelaide river, turn back towards Katherine and enjoy the highspeed run to home, plenty of large loooong bits of road all with NO speed limit. First time I drove the T on that road I just could not believe how well it hung onto the road and how quickly it got to 200.P.S If I'm in Canberra the cotter road's a winner, but I've been booked more than once there, It's also a favorite playground of motorcyclists who use the WHOLE road.....
HSE2 Member 322 Member For: 23y 8m 28d Location: Tasmania Posted 13/12/04 04:54 AM Posted 13/12/04 04:54 AM 1. Cethana2. Forth- Wilmot-cethana- Sheffield reverse targa direction3. Sidling targa stage4. Hellyor Gorge5= Widows run (reverse direction)5 =South Riana6 North Riana7 old link road Deloraine to Exton.And last but not least the infamous and best kept secret in TasmaniaThe Road to No Where sponsored by Elite Crash repair :DJust kidding Derek
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 5m Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 13/12/04 05:30 AM Posted 13/12/04 05:30 AM All the Nth Queenslanders will know.THE GILLIES RANGE............ Words do not suffice.
jdo Member 88 Member For: 22y 3m 5d Location: Mosman Posted 25/12/04 11:51 PM Posted 25/12/04 11:51 PM Hi guys,Further to what I said up there, here's the beta version of the website that I was talking about:http://dev4.optikal.net/I haven't put in a user-submission page yet, but I will soon.Give me your thoughts/comments. Especially for a name - ozcruisemaps.com isn't "chosen" by any means. Yes, I'm aware that only Tasmania is populated with maps, but I don't know roads in other states - that's where you come in
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 10d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/12/04 01:14 PM Posted 29/12/04 01:14 PM That look fantastic - good job Maybe it could be integrated as part of this site, Chris\mods are you listening?Trent.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/12/04 01:38 PM Posted 29/12/04 01:38 PM That look fantastic - good job Maybe it could be integrated as part of this site, Chris\mods are you listening?Trent.That is a great idea. there is probably so many great rds in your own back yard you would never even no of. Fantastic when travelling interstate too.
BADGERSXR6TUTE Member 209 Member For: 22y 6m 22d Location: llandaff, tasmania Posted 30/12/04 06:19 AM Posted 30/12/04 06:19 AM lake leake highway awesome piece of road
sharkey Member 337 Member For: 22y 8m 29d Posted 10/01/05 03:06 AM Posted 10/01/05 03:06 AM Mansfield – Whitfield Road in Victoria. I did a five day wine and food tour last week. From the Blue Mountains (west of Sydney) down the Hume into Victoria and then toured through Rutherglen, Miliwa, King Valley, Goulburn Valley, Heathcote and Bendigo before heading home via the Newell Highway with a visit to some of Cowra’s vineyards on the way. During this trip I drove one of the best bits of road I have driven for a long time – Whitfield to Mansfield at the bottom end of the King Valley.The distance is about 60km and other than about 10km at the Mansfield end it is all winding mountain road. I was there on a public holiday and there was no traffic at all. I did not get held up behind a single car for the entire stretch!! Plus it is all 100 speed limit. If this road was in NSW it would probably have a 60 limit. The road from Merton to Euroa over the Strathbogie Ranges was also a great drive.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 5d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 10/01/05 04:25 AM Posted 10/01/05 04:25 AM I'm starting to really appreciate the much under-utilised road between my garage and the street. Everytime I travel on this road, I come back feeling good about the world.
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 5m Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 10/01/05 04:41 AM Posted 10/01/05 04:41 AM I'm starting to really appreciate the much under-utilised road between my garage and the street. Everytime I travel on this road, I come back feeling good about the world. It's supposed to be about the road you drive on silly......Get back in front of that computer........Now.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now