Guest cul08r Guests Posted 27/03/03 10:29 AM Posted 27/03/03 10:29 AM I was wondering what type of suspension setup ppl have looked at with the thought of lowering the XR6T by at least 30mm, maybe up to 60mm. Anyone know of brands available yet, and anyone with first hand experience welcome to comment. Ride quality etc not to be too bad.I currently have a rex lowered with Kings Super Lows (50mm) and I think that is what caused my kidney damage. (JK). :D thanks in advance...Andrew
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 27/03/03 09:35 PM Posted 27/03/03 09:35 PM I've lowered mine using Herrods kit which consists of springs and camber kit (no shocks). I also purchased Whiteline F&R swaybars and got the dealer to fit them at the same time. See THIS THREAD for more details and pics.
240 T Member 335 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Mexico Posted 12/04/03 02:46 AM Posted 12/04/03 02:46 AM SA Ticfords ba XR6 turbo is lowered I saw it at the fpv open day
Guest xr6 turbo Guests Posted 12/04/03 03:31 AM Posted 12/04/03 03:31 AM Hi Ex-Rexer,This is what I did to my XRT. I lowered the XRT using King Springs part# KFFL 57(front) and part# KFRL 68SL(rear). Using this combination levels out the car, which it needed as the rear of the car, was sitting higher than the front by approx. 15mm. The cost for the springs was $240 for both pairs from King Springs. I changed over the springs myself, which only took a couple of hours and a few beers (saved myself approx. $200!). The rear springs were easy to change, 20mins. The front took a lot longer because the factory computer sits over the left hand strut, which made it difficult to access the strut nuts. I didn't install a camber kit as I feel that it doesn't require it but I did get another wheel alignment. I hope this helpsRob
Guest SA Tickford Guests Posted 12/04/03 07:24 AM Posted 12/04/03 07:24 AM SA Ticfords ba XR6 turbo is lowered I saw it at the fpv open day Yes my car certainly is lowered. I used king springs and got it done by a local suspension place that provides discount to our club members. It ended up dropping more then it was meant to but im happy with the way it looks so I dont mind. It dropped 35mm in the front and 30mm in the back.
XRSEX EVO 9 SUPPORTER Member 556 Member For: 23y 6m 11d Location: NO CAPA EDIT REQUIRED HERE! Posted 12/04/03 08:35 AM Posted 12/04/03 08:35 AM I lowered my XR6T ute 50mm all around. The kit was from King springs front and back. The ride quality is the same except it handles better. $550 fully installed with a wheel alignment.
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 14/04/03 12:41 PM Posted 14/04/03 12:41 PM Do the Herrodd lowering kits void warranty?
cjl Legacy Donating Member 65 Member For: 23y 9m 17d Location: ACT Posted 14/04/03 01:19 PM Posted 14/04/03 01:19 PM Hi Ex-Rexer,This is what I did to my XRT. I lowered the XRT using King Springs part# KFFL 57(front) and part# KFRL 68SL(rear). Using this combination levels out the car, which it needed as the rear of the car, was sitting higher than the front by approx. 15mm. The cost for the springs was $240 for both pairs from King Springs. I changed over the springs myself, which only took a couple of hours and a few beers (saved myself approx. $200!). The rear springs were easy to change, 20mins. The front took a lot longer because the factory computer sits over the left hand strut, which made it difficult to access the strut nuts. I didn't install a camber kit as I feel that it doesn't require it but I did get another wheel alignment. I hope this helpsRobI did EXACTLY the same as this to my XR6T and with the aftermarket 18's running 235/40's I think the car rides remarkably well and handles nicely. It could maybe do with a little less roll but otherwise is just what I was after.
rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Location: Sydney Posted 14/04/03 09:42 PM Posted 14/04/03 09:42 PM Have you all who lowered the car have any clearance issues, eg. scraping the front spoiler going into drive ways or the exhaust over speed humps. Just curious.
Falchoon I see red Member 5,758 Member For: 23y 9m 22d Location: nowhere in particular Posted 14/04/03 10:35 PM Posted 14/04/03 10:35 PM Have you all who lowered the car have any clearance issues, eg. scraping the front spoiler going into drive ways or the exhaust over speed humps. Just curious. No. You just have to drive sensibly and slowly over such obstacles. The front spoiler has a fair bit of overhang so you need to be pretty cautious when parking near gutters, I actually scraped the underneath of mine before I lowered it because I wasn't paying attenttion. I was used to my old car (EB) where the chassis rail would touch the gutter before the bumper.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now