Guest 123xr Guests Posted 22/11/04 04:20 PM Posted 22/11/04 04:20 PM ive read around and nearly everyone has said the auto is quicker than a manual in the current mk1 xr6t. What about with the new mk2 6 speed? would the auto still be quicker than a manual with the new box?> opinions please
Guest Guests Posted 22/11/04 04:47 PM Posted 22/11/04 04:47 PM ive read around and nearly everyone has said the auto is quicker than a manual in the current mk1 xr6t. What about with the new mk2 6 speed? would the auto still be quicker than a manual with the new box?> opinions please<{POST_SNAPBACK}>this is going to confuse you if I get into it but in std form yes.with edit done right or edit with ems, unichip, xede no!and I dont want to bore you all with an essay why?
crisso . Legacy Donating Member 1,199 Member For: 22y 10m 15d Location: Sydney Posted 22/11/04 08:44 PM Posted 22/11/04 08:44 PM from what I have picked up around here, the auto will always be quicker, down the qtr for example because it stays on constant boost, correct?In saying that, I love driving manuals and don't intend on taking mine down the qtr, so GO MANUAL!!! Drive it!!!
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 23/11/04 12:18 AM Posted 23/11/04 12:18 AM ive read around and nearly everyone has said the auto is quicker than a manual in the current mk1 xr6t. What about with the new mk2 6 speed? would the auto still be quicker than a manual with the new box?> opinions please<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nearly everyone is not always right. Depends what you mean by quicker.If you only drive your car 400m at a time it seems that most people are happy to back the auto. Of course, I'd probably disagree, but as I don't own one I'm not in a position to argue too long or hard on it. However, there is no doubt in my mind whatsoever that on the track the manual has gotta be quicker.As for the Mk II six speed gearbox, the extra gear is above 4th ie there are two overdrives. This means the intermediate gear performance will be very little different from the Mk I.
Guest 123xr Guests Posted 23/11/04 02:54 AM Posted 23/11/04 02:54 AM forget 1/4 times and around track.umm lets say 0-100km times
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 23/11/04 06:14 AM Posted 23/11/04 06:14 AM forget 1/4 times and around track.umm lets say 0-100km times<{POST_SNAPBACK}>0-100km will take you about 1 hour at an average speed of 100kph. Or 2 hours at an average speed of 50kph. I find in the country I can comfortably average 90kph and in the city about half that only. On freeways etc where the posted limit is 110kph I can usually average better than 100kph for point to point times ... but of course this depends a lot on how many right lane hogs are on the road in their Magnas and Camrys.
ashxr Member 59 Member For: 21y 11m 16d Location: melbourne Posted 23/11/04 06:17 AM Posted 23/11/04 06:17 AM forget 1/4 times and around track.umm lets say 0-100km times<{POST_SNAPBACK}>0-100km will take you about 1 hour at an average speed of 100kph. Or 2 hours at an average speed of 50kph. I find in the country I can comfortably average 90kph and in the city about half that only. On freeways etc where the posted limit is 110kph I can usually average better than 100kph for point to point times ... but of course this depends a lot on how many right lane hogs are on the road in their Magnas and Camrys. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ashxr Member 59 Member For: 21y 11m 16d Location: melbourne Posted 23/11/04 06:48 AM Posted 23/11/04 06:48 AM you <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Come on now , play fair!hehehe :lol:
XR6T_BA_Falcon Member 85 Member For: 22y 21d Location: Tully (between cairns/towsville) Posted 23/11/04 07:34 AM Posted 23/11/04 07:34 AM heheh we are so immature
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now