Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 31/10/04 09:54 PM Posted 31/10/04 09:54 PM My automatic home page on my computer keeps resetting itself to about blank, I usually default to this site. I keep changing it and it keeps resetting, no virus found on checking, although I did get a malicious script alert a couple of days ago. Can anybody help me.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 31/10/04 10:01 PM Posted 31/10/04 10:01 PM Mate you have CWS (Cool web search) spyware on your machine. Download a program called CWS shredder and run it as most anti-virus and spyware sweeping programs don't pick it up.
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 31/10/04 10:12 PM Author Posted 31/10/04 10:12 PM Mate you have CWS (Cool web search) spyware on your machine. Download a program called CWS shredder and run it as most anti-virus and spyware sweeping programs don't pick it up.Do you know were I can find it...BTW thanx
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 19d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/10/04 10:43 PM Posted 31/10/04 10:43 PM Try this link:http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=l&q=http:/...A0_AAAAAAAEAAAAAnd run their free scan.
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 01/11/04 12:36 AM Author Posted 01/11/04 12:36 AM I hate it. My computer is slower on the net! I am trying everything. My Kazaa won't do searches, Spybot is updated and I still can't get rid of it. I'm downloading Adwarespy, and cwshredder at the moment. The internet keeps dropping out. I'm at my wit's end.
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 01/11/04 12:55 AM Author Posted 01/11/04 12:55 AM My computer is working against me it won't let me near the addremoval sites, it just redirects, or freezes. Or it dosn't download the full file. Then there are the bloody pop ups.
Scruffman Member 256 Member For: 22y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Prestons NSW Posted 01/11/04 01:32 AM Posted 01/11/04 01:32 AM How many people arent running a good firewall and antivirus combination on the computer.OK. type Start>Run type msconfig hit <enter>Then go to the startup tab adn unselect things that you do a search for at google or something and determine are not supposed ot be loading.Than reboot and remove the buggers from your PCNext step is install some protection on your PC, and always be careful what you run on your computer. Things like Kazza install software called savenow.exe which slows you PC down like sh*t on the interent. So it is the first thing you need to remove you cunning one :lol: Scruffy
Scruffman Member 256 Member For: 22y 8m 14d Gender: Male Location: Prestons NSW Posted 01/11/04 02:58 AM Posted 01/11/04 02:58 AM Well after running this process on slys computer it appears that the little tool that spybot gives you, the dont change my registry tool.Is indeed a very valuable one.The little bugger was running in memory and autoadding itsself back. But the spybot tool means you can tell it to get get stuffed. I am running it on all my PC' sand it is a great help. so get it and put it on your puters.hopefully sly is now all fixed up. Or at least knows how to look more himself next time when he cant get ont eh net and ask for help.Scruffy
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 01/11/04 03:02 AM Author Posted 01/11/04 03:02 AM It is back.....Bugger. I'll have to ring you later tonight Wayne
Slymeat Team Kickass Legacy Donating Member 1,926 Member For: 22y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: Albion Park, NSW Posted 01/11/04 03:04 AM Author Posted 01/11/04 03:04 AM Although my speed is back up it is changing the start page, I'll try a windows fix now next a format.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now