Guest Guests Posted 25/10/04 10:27 AM Posted 25/10/04 10:27 AM Also a 2-stage Ambi Pur injection system can get some serious power gains!! <{POST_SNAPBACK}>funny not the way I expected it to go but funny!!!
Guest pauly Guests Posted 25/10/04 11:16 AM Posted 25/10/04 11:16 AM Dont forget chrome radiator cap and fully blown head gasket!!!!! :lol: :lol:
wicksy still kicking around Member 1,789 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: Mackay Posted 25/10/04 11:27 AM Posted 25/10/04 11:27 AM :lol: then you paint the computer cover, the intake, and air box red to make the car go faster
Guest pauly Guests Posted 25/10/04 11:33 AM Posted 25/10/04 11:33 AM NEON LIGHTS UNDER THE BONNETT AND CAR are the fully sick touch .Also a HUGE BOV that sounds like boeing 400 farting!!! that's good for another 300 rwkw and a supreme wank value !!!!!
Guest xrtwpn Guests Posted 25/10/04 11:42 AM Posted 25/10/04 11:42 AM I dont think the internals have to be upgraded I think it all comes down to how good the car is tuned same as the ls1everyone use to say the same thing about the ls1 that the conrods were sh*t yet I have seen cars make over 450rwkw with stock internalsI think if you want over 400rwkw I would say upgrade them but if you are sitting 300-350rwkw I wouldnt bother
Guest Guests Posted 25/10/04 11:45 AM Posted 25/10/04 11:45 AM Dont forget chrome radiator cap and fully blown head gasket!!!!! :lol: :lol:<{POST_SNAPBACK}>id prefer to blow my load in the tray of a ute than my head gasket!how about a mack truck intercooler and quad blow off valves?fully sick haaa!! tell ya what look up www.fullysick.com those flame throwers they give you jet propultion!!!
KBB Member 55 Member For: 22y 16d Posted 25/10/04 12:08 PM Posted 25/10/04 12:08 PM is the centre muffler straight thru design or no? I am guessing no.Cause the surface area of the twin 2.25" system is actually greater than a single three inch, so you'd be crazed to scrap the twin 2.25" in favour of a single 3" cause twin 2.25" will flow better and sound better to boot. 3.5" would be an improvement but would drone a great deal. I reckon the whole intake system is crap cause the plenum has no volume, the piping is way too long and goes in all the wrong places (hot spots) and looks like garbage, and the cooler is too small. KB
Guest Guests Posted 25/10/04 01:16 PM Posted 25/10/04 01:16 PM I dont think the internals have to be upgraded I think it all comes down to how good the car is tuned same as the ls1everyone use to say the same thing about the ls1 that the conrods were sh*t yet I have seen cars make over 450rwkw with stock internalsI think if you want over 400rwkw I would say upgrade them but if you are sitting 300-350rwkw I wouldnt bother<{POST_SNAPBACK}>yep couldnt agree more as a tunner ive avoided a lot of xr's until I could get better software now I do and who knows youll probibly find more and more cars making high 3's with stock internals day in day out!
Guest Guests Posted 25/10/04 01:28 PM Posted 25/10/04 01:28 PM is the centre muffler straight thru design or no? I am guessing no.Cause the surface area of the twin 2.25" system is actually greater than a single three inch, so you'd be crazed to scrap the twin 2.25" in favour of a single 3" cause twin 2.25" will flow better and sound better to boot. 3.5" would be an improvement but would drone a great deal. I reckon the whole intake system is crap cause the plenum has no volume, the piping is way too long and goes in all the wrong places (hot spots) and looks like garbage, and the cooler is too small. KB<{POST_SNAPBACK}>dont want to shoot you down in flames but ford spent more time and $ researching plenum design than we both could imagine! it may not be ultimate over 800hp but hard to beet below! and yeah with the twin my perception would be that the divider from single 3" to twin 2.25" is your greatest enemy!hopfully these trueves wont offend! :lol: :lol:
KBB Member 55 Member For: 22y 16d Posted 27/10/04 11:26 AM Posted 27/10/04 11:26 AM not offended but don't agree at all reallym the 3" enters the cat and comes out as a twin 2.25" system, so there is plenty of time for the gas to redirect itself thru the pipes. The intake manifold might be good for something maybe low to mid range torque, but then, I always thought turbos were good for that too. I don't want any more low to mid/low range performance I want unrestricted power that comes with short fat runners and a large plenum volume, a la Nizpro intake kit. And what so the point of a long runner .5L plenum volume when you have about 33 metres of intercooler plumbing? I agree Ford does alot of engineering but their goals and my goals are many miles apart. Further the intake & cooler piping is only the way it is because the engineerings had to deal with the fact that the battery and airbox are on the wrong sides and they were not going to change that for the turbo motor.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now