Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 11d
Posted

Had a 3" Exhaust fitered on Saturday. Was just after a change in note but none of the exhaust shops up here (Cairns or Atherton) wanted to play with the center muffler removal idea (I went to four). I am happy with the note but would like it just a little louder. Going back tomorrow to have the rear muffler removed to check out how that sounds. I must admit that finally being able to hear a bit of grunt from the exhaust while giving the throttle a tap when offering the beast a little heal-toe action makes the driving experience much more pleasurable (also stops my mates fiance asking if the car is solar powered :nono: ).

Cost was $750 fitted. Anyone else tryed this option? What are your thoughts on 3" systems?

I'll try to post an audio file once I get back from Carline tomorrow.

Happy driving,

Xr6tBug.

  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 10d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted

Are the exhaust shops up your way allergic to work???? Why would they care about your desire to remove the centre muffler.

Dazza.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 2m 25d
  • Location: Gold Coast
Posted

Probably Because the scumbags have no work & want to whack ya for a full system!

Is the system Mandrel bent???

Posted

I thought a 3" zorst was worse than the standard one???

vik

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 24d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted
I thought a 3" zorst was worse than the standard one???

vik

not the case, you should do some searches on some of my previous exhaust posts, I have spend lots of time testing various exhausts, and to cut the story short:

std exhaust = 202.5rwkw (my car std)

3" exhaust system = 213.6rwkw

So id say no, 3" is not worse then the standard one (and I have all the dyno sheets to prove it)

Posted

Just measured the internal pipe size of my zorst which was 60mm.

60+60=120mm...has to be better than one 80mm pipe I would have thought???

but that's just me :spoton:

vik

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 10d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted

Vik,

It has something to do with extra surface area that creates turbulance or something, I remember reading that on here once.

Dazza.

Posted
Vik,

It has something to do with extra surface area that creates turbulance or something, I remember reading that on here once.

Dazza.

Could be,Im happy as a pig in :pooh: with mine now,and that's how its gunna stay..

Those two hot dogs were just the thing!!!

vik :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 11d
Posted

Ha Vik, I asked the same question to the exhaust guy. 2*2.25 is bigger then a single 3" but he said something similar to turbo6. Less surface area with better flow or some sh*t. He's ment to be the expert and I readily admit I know bugger all about this stuff. I havn't had the car dyno'd but it definatly doesn't feel any less powerful but I wouldn't say it feels any more powerful either, just sounds better and that was the idea. Car already has enough power for me, just wanted it to sound as good as it feels.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 11d
Posted

Just got back from Carline. They took off the rear muffler to let me have an idea what it would be like. Faaark!!! Sounded unreal. Floor the peddle and the car roared to life, lift off and quickly down through the gears with the a beautiful symphony of pop's and burbles from the rear end.

Back on Saturday to have the thing removed and a straight 3" shoved in. Just hope it doesn't drown with the pipe in place.

Anyone know how to post an audio file.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...