daninme Member 117 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Posted 05/09/04 11:44 PM Posted 05/09/04 11:44 PM hi guys I know this topic has probably been discussed before but couldnt find anything quick enough in the search engine.basically I want to take the rear badges off and want to know how is the most effective and safge way to do it and then removing the sticky bits that get left over?any help wopuld be appreciated :ladysman:
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 05/09/04 11:54 PM Posted 05/09/04 11:54 PM Heat the bagdes with a hairdryer, then either pull them off, or use fishing line behind the badge to remove them. Use metho to get rid of the excess glue.
God666 Complete Bastard Legacy Donating Member 1,123 Member For: 22y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/09/04 01:47 AM Posted 06/09/04 01:47 AM Or go and park your car in Bankstown or Paramatta for a couple of hours. If your car is still there when you return, it would be a good bet that the badges would be gone.
lachlanj Member 57 Member For: 23y 2m 24d Location: Ballarat Posted 06/09/04 03:02 AM Posted 06/09/04 03:02 AM I need to do the same on the side skirts but it is a matter of necessity, not a want..... They have gone all crappy and started to peal. Warranty job??
GlennAUII Former XT pilot Legacy Donating Member 4,791 Member For: 23y 2m 4d Gender: Male Location: The Womb Posted 06/09/04 03:05 AM Posted 06/09/04 03:05 AM I need to do the same on the side skirts but it is a matter of necessity, not a want..... They have gone all crappy and started to peal. Warranty job?? ours have done the same. The clear has actually peeled off and the chrome is wearing... looks sh*t
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 19d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 06/09/04 06:40 AM Posted 06/09/04 06:40 AM Get a piece of fishing line and slice under the bagdes, they come off easy
BADBOSS Member 73 Member For: 22y 6m 8d Location: Start of the Yarra Valley Posted 06/09/04 09:03 AM Posted 06/09/04 09:03 AM What he said
daninme Member 117 Member For: 23y 9m 4d Posted 06/09/04 09:25 AM Author Posted 06/09/04 09:25 AM I did it with the fishing line and then soaked the gluey bits with metho and rubbed the f&*k out of it and I scratched the paint and there is still the out line of the xr6 turbo there unfortunately the car is black looks like I might need 2 buff it
YOOT Member 1,201 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: Birkdale Posted 06/09/04 09:31 AM Posted 06/09/04 09:31 AM Hmm, I was going to do this but my car is black, might have to get the buffer out.I think I will wait till I have 300kw first hehe :lol:
igsta Member 371 Member For: 22y 11m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 06/09/04 10:47 AM Posted 06/09/04 10:47 AM Dont use metho on your paint. Use eucalyptus oil to get of the sticky bits off or anything else like tar. Too much metho can ruin your clear coat eucalyptus oil is safe.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now