Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 26d
  • Location: Somewhere
Posted

Just wondering with 2 different questions,

With the SSS (Auto), when driving in manual, at what speed do you change gears?

I noticed also on mine that when you move it from auto to manual it registers PERF (I think) and you need to either move the gear up or down...........which is it?

thanks people

dutchie

  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 9d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted

when you move the gear shift across to manual it first goes into performance auto mode, where it will rev the motor a little harder and not engage 4th gear till 170/180kmph, then if you move the stick up or down that engages manual mode.

Do you mean what speed do you change when revving it out or when driving normally?

I normally drive via the tacho anyway and when driving sedatley I change at about 2500rpm each gear and when giving it all its got I use the performance auto mode.

Dazza.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 26d
  • Location: Somewhere
Posted

Thanks.......I am so use to driving normal manual........I'm assuming then that manual 4th gear in a SSS is for driving over 140kms ??

Under that I should leave it in 3rd??

cheers

dutchie

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 8d
Posted

You can drive it in 4 at 60 kms an hour if you want.

Doesnt really make much difference, in the BAs ive driven I just lock it into 4th and save some petrol. Gotta remember it uses more juice when its gotta rev harder!

If u wanna drive it like a bullet then just put it in performance mode, dont bother try to change gears coz it doesnt really give you an advantage due to the delay time with the SSS.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 4d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted (edited)
...not engage 4th gear till 170/180kmph, then if you move the stick up or down that engages manual mode

According to the manual 4th in engaged only at above 150km/h.

Edited by who carez
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted (edited)

For city driving I prefer to almost exclusively use perf auto mode as it provides a more direct drive in third gear and allows for better engine braking (if that's what you call it) I also have a theory that it would be more economical to drive in third gear doing 60km/h - how true this is I don't know but it sounds good to me!

EDIT:

And I forgot to mention that I think the main reason why fourth is locked out to 150km/h is that they recommend when towing to use third gear to reduce the load on the tranny and as a result prevent the transmission oil from overheating.

Trent.

Edited by tab
  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 9d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted
...not engage 4th gear till 170/180kmph, then if you move the stick up or down that engages manual mode

According to the manual 4th in engaged only at above 150km/h.

???? :sick:

Can you please let me know what you mean, I could make sense outta that post, no offense. I think you may have misinterpreted my post.

Dutchie - when driving in manual mode, drive it like you would a manual. Except I find it easier to leave it in performane auto mode when dragging at the strip and when driving around town in areas of 50-60kmph.

Dazza.

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 4d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Ah, ok - my interpretation to your post was - in pref mode, 4th gear will be engaged at or after 170/180.

I'm just saying according to the manual,in perf mode, after 150km/h, gear will be automatically shifted to 4th.

Hope this clears this up.

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted

150kms hey, hmm, any wonder 3rd is pointless for me, 2nd can wind out to, umm, 130-140kms @ 5600rpm in our modded N/A. Aparently, that's what Jodie said :pinch: hehehe. :lol:

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 9d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted
Ah, ok - my interpretation to your post was - in pref mode, 4th gear will be engaged at or after 170/180.

I'm just saying according to the manual,in perf mode, after 150km/h, gear will be automatically shifted to 4th.

Hope this clears this up.

I dont hink that is correct though, its higher than 150kmph, the dealer ran through that with me and he told me 170kmph and my experience with it is that its around there somewhere also, at 150kmph in third the car wouldnt be anywhere near the redline, doubt its even over 5000rpm.

Dazza.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...