dutchie Member 391 Member For: 22y 5m 26d Location: Somewhere Posted 28/08/04 12:27 PM Posted 28/08/04 12:27 PM Just wondering with 2 different questions,With the SSS (Auto), when driving in manual, at what speed do you change gears?I noticed also on mine that when you move it from auto to manual it registers PERF (I think) and you need to either move the gear up or down...........which is it? thanks peopledutchie
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 9d Location: Toowoomba Posted 28/08/04 12:42 PM Posted 28/08/04 12:42 PM when you move the gear shift across to manual it first goes into performance auto mode, where it will rev the motor a little harder and not engage 4th gear till 170/180kmph, then if you move the stick up or down that engages manual mode.Do you mean what speed do you change when revving it out or when driving normally? I normally drive via the tacho anyway and when driving sedatley I change at about 2500rpm each gear and when giving it all its got I use the performance auto mode.Dazza.
dutchie Member 391 Member For: 22y 5m 26d Location: Somewhere Posted 28/08/04 12:44 PM Author Posted 28/08/04 12:44 PM Thanks.......I am so use to driving normal manual........I'm assuming then that manual 4th gear in a SSS is for driving over 140kms ??Under that I should leave it in 3rd??cheersdutchie
XRBloke Legacy Donating Member 1,219 Member For: 23y 3m 8d Posted 28/08/04 01:33 PM Posted 28/08/04 01:33 PM You can drive it in 4 at 60 kms an hour if you want. Doesnt really make much difference, in the BAs ive driven I just lock it into 4th and save some petrol. Gotta remember it uses more juice when its gotta rev harder! If u wanna drive it like a bullet then just put it in performance mode, dont bother try to change gears coz it doesnt really give you an advantage due to the delay time with the SSS.
who carez Member 62 Member For: 22y 10m 4d Location: Sydney Posted 28/08/04 01:51 PM Posted 28/08/04 01:51 PM (edited) ...not engage 4th gear till 170/180kmph, then if you move the stick up or down that engages manual modeAccording to the manual 4th in engaged only at above 150km/h. Edited 28/08/04 01:51 PM by who carez
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 9d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 28/08/04 02:07 PM Posted 28/08/04 02:07 PM (edited) For city driving I prefer to almost exclusively use perf auto mode as it provides a more direct drive in third gear and allows for better engine braking (if that's what you call it) I also have a theory that it would be more economical to drive in third gear doing 60km/h - how true this is I don't know but it sounds good to me!EDIT:And I forgot to mention that I think the main reason why fourth is locked out to 150km/h is that they recommend when towing to use third gear to reduce the load on the tranny and as a result prevent the transmission oil from overheating.Trent. Edited 28/08/04 02:10 PM by tab
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 9d Location: Toowoomba Posted 28/08/04 02:33 PM Posted 28/08/04 02:33 PM ...not engage 4th gear till 170/180kmph, then if you move the stick up or down that engages manual modeAccording to the manual 4th in engaged only at above 150km/h. ???? Can you please let me know what you mean, I could make sense outta that post, no offense. I think you may have misinterpreted my post.Dutchie - when driving in manual mode, drive it like you would a manual. Except I find it easier to leave it in performane auto mode when dragging at the strip and when driving around town in areas of 50-60kmph.Dazza.
who carez Member 62 Member For: 22y 10m 4d Location: Sydney Posted 28/08/04 03:22 PM Posted 28/08/04 03:22 PM Ah, ok - my interpretation to your post was - in pref mode, 4th gear will be engaged at or after 170/180.I'm just saying according to the manual,in perf mode, after 150km/h, gear will be automatically shifted to 4th.Hope this clears this up.
HellionXR6T I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :) Legacy Donating Member 4,348 Member For: 23y 11m Gender: Male Location: West Brisbane Posted 28/08/04 11:09 PM Posted 28/08/04 11:09 PM 150kms hey, hmm, any wonder 3rd is pointless for me, 2nd can wind out to, umm, 130-140kms @ 5600rpm in our modded N/A. Aparently, that's what Jodie said hehehe. :lol:
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 9d Location: Toowoomba Posted 29/08/04 03:30 AM Posted 29/08/04 03:30 AM Ah, ok - my interpretation to your post was - in pref mode, 4th gear will be engaged at or after 170/180.I'm just saying according to the manual,in perf mode, after 150km/h, gear will be automatically shifted to 4th.Hope this clears this up. I dont hink that is correct though, its higher than 150kmph, the dealer ran through that with me and he told me 170kmph and my experience with it is that its around there somewhere also, at 150kmph in third the car wouldnt be anywhere near the redline, doubt its even over 5000rpm.Dazza.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now