sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 12/02/04 11:50 AM Posted 12/02/04 11:50 AM nice post,thanks for returning to to the key issue at had however the T is limited, it stops at 5000 rpm in fith which equates to 230 kph.the engine dies as you pass 230 and fires up again as the speed drops below 230.I know, Ive done it.legally!(and for those who think this is irresponsibe, Ive got one thing to say, I'm doing it again next time I drive to Darwin and there's sweet FA you can do about it!!!)P.S I've had cops going the other way give me the thumbs up and grin!
davef Member 42 Member For: 22y 10m 13d Posted 12/02/04 12:14 PM Posted 12/02/04 12:14 PM Thanks for the kind words sixfan, I didnt think it would be long before I got a response.you have confirmed what I thought, although I wasn't game to check the facts for 5th gear.Your experience of the revs dropping out is the same as mine, and I have seen exactly the same on other cars eg Merc 200.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 12/02/04 12:57 PM Posted 12/02/04 12:57 PM nice post,thanks for returning to to the key issue at had however the T is limited, it stops at 5000 rpm in fith which equates to 230 kph.the engine dies as you pass 230 and fires up again as the speed drops below 230.I know, Ive done it.legally!(and for those who think this is irresponsibe, Ive got one thing to say, I'm doing it again next time I drive to Darwin and there's sweet FA you can do about it!!!)P.S I've had cops going the other way give me the thumbs up and grin!Hey Sixfan, if I lived in the Territory my "T" would be bouncing of the limiter when ever the conditions allowed. I reaaly need to plan a driving holiday to the NT. Make sure you share the experience with those less fortunate. Geea.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 28d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 13/02/04 07:50 AM Posted 13/02/04 07:50 AM davefr> consider yourself shot down mate 'cos the T DOES have a SPEED limiter and it is set well below the speed at which the rev limiter would operate in top gear ...
davef Member 42 Member For: 22y 10m 13d Posted 14/02/04 01:18 PM Posted 14/02/04 01:18 PM Turbo6man - It seems that there is still a difference of opinion. (see sixfans post).If it is speed limited, how is the limit detected.
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 8d Location: On the edge Posted 14/02/04 01:31 PM Posted 14/02/04 01:31 PM From the ABS wheel speed sensors.
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 15/02/04 01:39 AM Posted 15/02/04 01:39 AM So....what happens if I pull the ABS fuse??
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 15/02/04 01:44 AM Posted 15/02/04 01:44 AM Try it and pm me!! :lol:
FORDTECH Member 383 Member For: 23y 4m 8d Location: On the edge Posted 15/02/04 02:13 AM Posted 15/02/04 02:13 AM It will disable the Anti lock function of the brake system but will still read the signals from the wheel speed sensors.Dunno about you but not having the ABS system working and doing these sort of speed's is not my idea of fun.Each to their own I suppose.
davef Member 42 Member For: 22y 10m 13d Posted 15/02/04 04:08 AM Posted 15/02/04 04:08 AM So putting larger wheels on and not reducing tyre profile will allow you to go faster??
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now