Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 16d
Posted

Hoping to get some advice on how to effectively add some grunt to this engine...

As a previous owner of a BA XR6 and now lugging the extra weight of a Territory in the same engine, I wouldn't mind getting back to a similar power/weight ratio.

OK, I'm not really after any rocketship, if I was I need a turbo, but I'm just after some simple, cost effective modifications that will make a difference. A good example is the airbox/intake from a turbo...

It is the bottom end in particular - just overcoming inertia to get the big lug moving where it needs help, once the revs get free it goes pretty well.

Thanks in advance for any USEFUL advice received.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 10d
Posted

I would firstly just do what you said, change the intake a little bit and add a good air filter and probarly then just get an Unichip, which would give you better power and also alot better fuel economy. I don't know if there are any exhaust options for the Territory as yet....

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 16d
Posted

Are people getting much value out of ECU mods on the 182's?

Generally speaking, I have always thought of these as expensive considering they offer little change in power, but perhaps the 182 is electronically restricted?

Have you chipped your 182? Just by gut feel, is it better, has it been a good value mod? Have you dyno'd or measured the difference in any way?

Very interested in your reply. Thanks for your advice.

Simon.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 10d
Posted

Ive only got a 172 AU, but have changed the air filter and put the bigger Tickford Snorkel on it. I noticed a difference, car seem to have more pull about it. With the unichip ive never had a car with one, but I know some guys that have had pretty good results plus the added bonus of gaining a bit better fuel consumption.

Really though you are restricted to what you can get with a small amount of money and ofcourse you will want to keep your warranty valid.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 2m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

Like any combustion engine to make it produce more hp you need to get the air in quicker and out quicker. So I would suggest an air filter, less restrictive intake, exhaust and a unichip. These mods should get you up about the 210kw mark and make up for that extra weight your lugging around.

Posted

Have a look at BPT website they have new things for the XR6 coming out soon.

Before you do that read the list below, none of it was cheap and I need a computer to top it all off, but I think we'll see well over 190rwkws with the right computer soon. :spoton:

  • I'm Back!! Thats right, long over due! :)
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: West Brisbane
Posted

Or my signature :spoton:

Talk to Silverbullet, same kit as me but has managed to get another 20 horses @ RW. :k24t::nod:

  • Complete Bastard
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

What's the deal with these ES220 tags on some of the luxury beasts. Are they a barra putting out 220 without a turbo?

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 16d
Posted
What's the deal with these ES220 tags on some of the luxury beasts. Are they a barra putting out 220 without a turbo?

You don't mean the Fairlane G220? If so it is a 220Kw V8.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...